Need Help

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On June 29th of this year, my aunt and I were involved in a head-on collision when a drunk driver crossed the centre line and hit us head on. My aunt's body was crushed by the impact, and she was left completely blind from the crash. We were on a day trip down in Washington when the accident happened, and the out-of-country medical expenses have exceeded the insurance policy limits available. I am rallying up a work party to get my aunt's home suitable for her to move back into, as her current living situation is not ideal for our family. I am reaching out to my snowmobile community in the hopes that you will spread the word, donate time, resources, or financially if it is in your heart to do so. I know this doesn't have anything to do with snowmobiling, but I have had such an overwhelming amount of support from the sled community, that I wanted to reach out here as well. Thank you all of you, for your thoughts and prayers. Amy Operation Bring Carol Home

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Amy,
I have been thinking about you a lot lately and hope things are getting better for you and your family.
I would come on down and lend a hand with construction but my job has me going without days off or I would be there.
I did leave a donation on your paypal account though.
Our prayers are with you and your family.
Cheers,
Dave

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much Dave :)

I am doing well, improving every day. I told my doc I was planning on riding this year and she looked at me like I had two heads... I'm getting fitted for new ankle and knee braces tomorrow... We'll see ;)

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup I do hope you get out sledding this season,its great therapy.I did watch your video.She sure has a lot of friends and family support and I know I would be a great help if I could get away from work for a day.
That is when I decided that I would take the day off to help,only my boss would not go for that....so next best thing donate a days pay.
So kind of the same thing in my head....Anyways,we hope things go good for Aunt Carol and family.
And I do hope to see you and Justin out on the mountain,just don't push it too hard till you are healed properly.
To everyone else on this forum,give this family some help,whether with some help with construction or financial help to make the construction right.
Amy and Justin have done lots for our sledding community with out ever asking for help.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!!! We raised enough in two days to get the floors done. Sledders rule!!!!

Top Bottom