Need help with my 08 m8

mattthegreat

Reaction score
My 08 m8 will fire and then die right away i replaced the stator the reed pedals throttle postion sensor and it still wont run it still has good compression but im running out of reasons why it wont run sled season is almost here so any help would be great

cheers matt

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 08 m8 will fire and then die right away i replaced the stator the reed pedals throttle postion sensor and it still wont run it still has good compression but im running out of reasons why it wont run sled season is almost here so any help would be great

cheers matt

friend of mine had this problem with his m1000, turned out to be just a loose connection in his kill switch. the open connection rusted and would tap together. we never could figure why it would run for a short period then quit though, but it did have something to do with that wiring harness. hoping you checked visible stuff before the stator

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

cheers matt

Is your throttle cable adjusted properly? Have you tested your coil?Did you try new plugs? Check all the wiring and conections for damage I read somewhere the 08 had problems by the fuel tank.It could be your timing sensor on the mag. These are a few things to start with but to do testing of electrical parts you will need specs and a good muiti meter and a litle luck never hurts.

mattthegreat

Reaction score
history is i was riding stopped for a bit started it back up got half way through a doughnut and it died i did check the kill switch its fine the coils check out to cat spec kill switch is good too idk what else it could be but thanks for the help any more would be great

cheers matt

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My uncle rode with a guy that had a m1000 and it would run for abit then shut off. It turned out to be the ecm. I hope that's not your problem idont thinkits a cheap fix. Good luck

mattthegreat

Reaction score
i dont think its my ecu because i plugged it into another sled and the other sled ran fine

WATDAFOOK

Reaction score
It could be your (T.O.R.S) switch,follow the wires from the throttle and disconnect it..Also pull out your injectors and pull it over,(make sure you have fuel flow)..My money is on the tors switch...

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a grounding or fuel issue. Have you checked all wires for rub through, even the tail light wires as I think there was an issue with this in past.

Can you pull your fuel pump and hook it up to a 12V charger to see if it runs properly.

I believe he means the Throttle Overide for TORS.

Too bad you had to spend the money on a stator and TPS.....ouch!

mattthegreat

Reaction score
ya it was a bill alright that dealership is never gettin my buisness ever agian but i will check the tail light i didnt even think of checking those wires

Top Bottom