Need help with a 91' indy rxl

snowgoer

Reaction score
I have a 91' rxl with the efi and the fuel is getting up to the injectors but not going through. Could they be plugged? and how can i unplug them? The sled hasnt been ran in 3 years.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 91' rxl with the efi and the fuel is getting up to the injectors but not going through. Could they be plugged? and how can i unplug them? The sled hasnt been ran in 3 years.

There is a reason they didn't make the RXL for long. Your best to take it to the dealer or qualified shop and have it looked at rather than guessing. Unless you have the proper test equipment and know how to use it it's going to be like playing tennis with your eyes closed.

dwillowguy

Reaction score
How do you know fuel not going through injectors? Rail has to be pressurized to fire injectors properly I think 30lbs. I have a 500 efi and it had fuel issue's as well, pump was OK ended up being a broken pickup line in tank. Make sure that your battery is at 12 volts + if not it can cause problems If you dump fuel in cylinders does it fire?

snowgoer

Reaction score
yes it fires when i put gas in the cylinders and idles for like 20 secs till the gas i put in there is gone. and after the fuel pump runs and i take the fuel line off the rail theres definately pressure there.... it shoots out pretty good

Top Bottom