need help broken crank bolt

rmktime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hello, need a little advice , on how to get this out , i have a 1994 kaw 350 4x4 quad, the bold on the crank is broken and stripped inside , enough of the bolt is sticking out to hold on to with vice grip, but the nut is spinning and spinning threads messed up inside , any ideas as to how to get it out , any help would be great ,

rmktime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
should i try drive the nut further in and try drill it out or weld something on the end and try pull a bit on it

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Never put it back into it! spray it with penetrating fluid. try and lubricate it up to ease it out. I would try first with a pair of vice grips, and if that doesn't work, put the nut on and weld it to the bolt, kind of hard to understand by the description you gave. Don't do long welds, just try and keep it short and let it cool between so the heat transfer doesn't heat treat the crank un even. If the threads are stripped inside the crank ends themselves, you can always try heli-coil.

What i'm thinking of is a crank end, the threads inside there, that you bust the head off the bolt, and want to put a nut on to try and get it out. But that's what i can offer.

Top Bottom