Need advice on buying ramps :)

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score
Hey guys so I'm looking for advice on the best folding ramps out there. I've got a half ton and will be hauling my sled in the box. I'm interested in the easiest ramps for loading since I'll be doing this on my own most of the time!! I'm a small gal and won't want anything too heavy, tricky, or hazardous! lol
Oh and my sled has a 162" track.
Thanks so much! :)

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I'm looking for advice on the best folding ramps out there. I've got a half ton and will be hauling my sled in the box. I'm interested in the easiest ramps for loading since I'll be doing this on my own most of the time!! I'm a small gal and won't want anything too heavy, tricky, or hazardous! lol
Oh and my sled has a 162" track.
Thanks so much! :)

I got a set of trifold aluminium ramps from Princess auto 77x50 then added superglides to them
There fairly light and easy to handle when folded

there usually about $230 I think mine cost about $130 on sale

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it is just going in the box......there is always a snow bank that works! in the spring it gets a little tuff but there will all ways be a few guys to help a lady with her sled lol!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got a set of trifold aluminium ramps from Princess auto 77x50 then added superglides to them

I like this idea :rolleyes: :d

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think every dude out there will be fighting to help lift youre sled into youre truck with youre looks:beer:

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joey what do you know about Redneck. you're from the east. Rednecks are from the west
And most favorarly from Alberta, Redneck capital oh and also has to be rural alberta to be a true redneck. Come on Joey you should know better..

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score
While I'm sure there'll be helping hands sometimes, there won't always be when I'm loading up at home and there's no snow banks!
Really though, I'm just hoping to find ramps that aren't too steep and easy to handle. I want the sled to go in, not off the side lol.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say to get at least a 7 ft ramp with some slidders on them so when you hit the ramp she slids up easy rather then the ramp going cocked eyed then you have a screw up

JustPinItFoxxy

Reaction score

thanks wingwalker! do you find them to be steep or not too bad? I'll have to check them out

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks wingwalker! do you find them to be steep or not too bad? I'll have to check them out

you could build a false floor for the box of your truck. then store a full width ramp under the false floor. Someone posted up his version of this set up on this site, but be damned if I can remember the thread name. His was pretty rudimentary but I'm sure thet if you took his Idea and expanded on it you could come up with something that will work for you

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found this on kijiji and it is the cats a$$! I have no idea how to get the add to show up here but I cut and paste the add to give you some info! you can call full lotus if intersted!

FULL LOTUS QUICKY - single sled/ atv loader

Date Listed 20-Oct-10
Price $1,695.00
Address Vernon, BC V1H 1M5, Canada
View map

The FLM Quicky is a one man operation to load your snowmobile or ATV. The loader uses the weight of the machine to pivot the unit.

Overall Length: 120"

Non expanded width: 47"

Adjustable pivot point stops

No holes necessary

Attaches to truck's receiver

Fits long or short box

Super glide material on ramps

Superclamp: Optional

PRICE: $1695.00

find out more about Full Lotus products at Full Lotus Manufacturing Inc.

want to see how it works? Full Lotus Metals - FLM sled decks are the industry leaders in durability and versatility.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think every dude out there will be fighting to help lift youre sled into youre truck with youre looks:beer:

Ain't that the truth!

You were at the Avy course last November in Calgary I think.. Glad to see you back on the forums.

I think I have what Wingwalkers talking about, I still back up to a small snowbank with the ramp if I can.

Top Bottom