Need a mover to move 14' wide mobile

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi. Like the title says, I'm looking for a home mover to move a older 14' wide trailer from Sherwood park to wandering river asap. Of anyone knows of a mover, let me know. I'm having trouble finding anyone that's available. Thanks

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ill see what we can do it for as far as a rate goes as long as i can get my trombone under it should be an easy haul, how long is it? does it need to be jacked? or is it a load and haul kinda deal?

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a 14' x 70. Its sitting on a set of dollie axles right now, so it would have to have them pulled out, and whomever moves it would have to put thier own under it. What happened is I had hired a guy to move it for me, but the dot didn't like the way he was doing it, and apparently he didn't pull permits, so now it sits and I'm scrambling to find another mover. Crappy situation.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lets go tonight with the army truck hook on to that bitch and haul her home a little midnight mission and i forgot i will grab a farm plate that should be good for anything haha

Last edited:

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, can say im gonna use it for a chicken coop! Lol

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, if it was any closer I'd give er a whirl, but that's a little ways to go with the 'ol Massey!

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a few names to try tomorrow, we'll see how it goes.

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well good news is I found someone that is available to do the move. Bad news is that the officer responsible for my trailer is on days off until Friday and he left specific instructions that only he could release the trailer, so I'm hooped for another week! I just wish he would have said he was gonna be gone till Friday when I spoke to him on saturday. I could have at least tried to get things lined up, or made arrangements. Sooooo frustrated right now!!

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I am getting royally fukked! Cop called me today, says the trailer can be released, but that I have to pay the trucking fees charged to haul it to the impound. Seems that it costs $2200 to haul it. It gets better yet, apperently after they hauled it to sherwood park, the guys at the towing company decided that they couldn't get it in their yard there so they hauled it to Nisku.

So I am paying for them to haul it somewhere else again. So i guess from just outside sherwood park to to nisku is a $2200 bill, so saying that it took them 5hours (being generous) thats $440 an hour.

I can't understand why I am being charged for this in the first place. I just hired a guy to move this and he screwed up, why am I being treated like the damn criminal here!

And just for an extra kick to the balls when your down they are charging $250 a day to store it, and I can't find a home mover available in the next week!! Makes a person just want to cry! It's an older mobile, but at this point I might have to just walk away from it and loose the money I paid for it. Plus if I do find someone to move it they are going to charge me $75/hr to have a safety hand there to supervise moving it from one set of dollies to another!

What recourse do I have?? I am not the criminal here, but I sure am being treated like I am. This is going to run thousands of dollars for me.

Last edited:

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you hire a company to move it in the first place? do they have a business license if so i would take legal action against them. I dont know how you would go about it if it was just some fly by night cash deal.

Sometimes it pays to do your home work and a little extra now can save you a HOLE lot later.

Good luck with your endevors

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised that they impounded it on you. It's too bad that they couldn't just haul it back to where you loaded it out of. The guy that went to move it to his yard should have know whether or not it would fit into his yard, seems like he was jacking his bill on you. I saw a house that was being moved out by Enoch, just off the side of Hwy60, same thing DOT shut them down because of the dolly and beams that were using to haul it with and that was there for most of a year before somebody different went in and moved it. Crappy deal for you though
Have you tried Triple H? Those guys are good.

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, talked to triple h as well as about 20 other home movers. Found one guy that might be able to go on Saturday. I'm gonna try to talk to someone tomorrow and see what the approved rates are for towing. I know any company's that haul for RCMP have a regulated rate for impound costs and towing fees. Edmontons is on a website that shows you them. I'm pretty sure they are hosing me.

That and all I have been told by the tow company is that it is in nisku at a guys place there.

I also have had some advice from a few people about a different approach to take regarding the towing costs. If it goes till saturday it'll be at 5 grand! Bastages! I'll let ya know if I have any success.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised that they impounded it on you. It's too bad that they couldn't just haul it back to where you loaded it out of. The guy that went to move it to his yard should have know whether or not it would fit into his yard, seems like he was jacking his bill on you. I saw a house that was being moved out by Enoch, just off the side of Hwy60, same thing DOT shut them down because of the dolly and beams that were using to haul it with and that was there for most of a year before somebody different went in and moved it. Crappy deal for you though
Have you tried Triple H? Those guys are good.
I didn't realize it was impounded, wouldn't the original mover have some kind of liability in this situation?

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the dollies he used were what was actually impounded. My trailer just happens to be sitting on them. I'm so turned around it makes my brain hurt. I'm not actually be ticketed or fined for anything, but they say I'm responsible for towing expenses and storage.

I talked to the guy from the towing company about 5 times today to find out when on Saturday I can have a mover pick it up. The guy couldn't tell me if I'll be able to pick it up! Apparently its at some guys yard in nisku, not even they're own yard, and he wasn't answering the phone. Friggin crazy stuff. Not sure what is going on, but I don't think it's on the up and up.

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And from what I can gather, it wasn't the dot that had it impounded, it was the RCMP. The reason I got was that the dollies didn't have a serial number or registration, so they suspected they were stolen. The mover hasn't been any help at this point.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
if it's the dollies which were impounded, then it's the dollies which were towed and as you said your trailer just happened to be on them....

That being the case the most you should be out is the extra distance of the haul..... you should be able to pick up the trailer and leave the dollies with the impound yard, like you said it's not the trailer they impounded it's the dollies..... as soon as you are able too you should be able to pick it up at will with no fees....

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, just an update on my saga. Talked to 3 different cops today, none of them could give me an answer or make a decision. To get the trailer released, i have to pay the towing charges and storage. I have since found out that it was originally brought to a yard at sherwood park, then a couple days later moved to nisku. The move to nisku was not at the direction of the RCMP. I am being told I have to pay for both tows!

Now my concern is that if I am paying the full towing costs for this dollie like the towing company demands, the guy that it belongs to who is the person in the wrong here, gets the towing charges paid for him by me and gets off without paying. Unless the towing company is double dipping and are going to charge him too. The rcmp then say I will have to sue the home mover and try to get my money for the towing charges back from him. When i asked the guy from the towing company why they are trying to get all the charges out of me they said it's because they expect him to walk away from his stuff and they won't get any money from him. Now when I ask the rcmp about this, no one can give me an answer, and they just say they can't answer that question, but that I should pay it like the towing company demands. Sounds wrong to me though. Of course the cop they want me to talk to is on days off till friday. Will be calling a lawyer in the morning though. Any recomendations for a good traffic/criminal law lawyer??

Also found out another good tidbit of info. Towing companys operating for the Sherwood Park RCMP are not regulated, nor from what I can find there is no one that oversees impounded vehicle costs. What this means is the the towing company can charge you whatever they want, and there is no recourse. They could charge $50 or $60/day, or $500 or $600 per day etc. if they wanted too. At this point the RCMP just say you have to deal with the towing company and pay whatever they want. If you go on the Edmonton Police Service website, you can find the entire list of impound charges, as it is regulated, where Sherwood Park is not. I even called a few other towing companys in the area and with out telling them the exact detials of what the situation was got quotes for storage of something this size and dimensions. Of the three companys they ranged from $75/day to $150/day, and one of them tows for the Sherwood Park RCMP as well. With the company I'm dealing with they are charging me $250/day. Crazy stuff.

Anyway, I have a mover that is willing to pick it up tomorrow, so I'll have to make a trip in and get everything taken care of. I think at this point the best thing I can do is get it out of their yard before they start piling more charges on, but I am concerned that if I remove it I won't have any recourse if there has been any errors made. If I wait till the cop they want me to speak to is back on duty it'll be friday afternoon,so then nothing will be able to happen till monday as that is the next day that a mover is avialable, so that'll be another $1000 in storage costs! I just can't get over the $250 a day storage charges. With that and the towing bill they are trying to stick me with if I get it out tomorrow it'll be $4000! Sounds fair eh?

Last edited:

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have fire insurance........ I couldn't do it but some people can......

Top Bottom