Nascar

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Harvick wins the first Duel - yay #29 !!!!! Didn't Jr. win the Shootout and a Duel in his first year with the #88 - then did nothing at all for the rest of the season???? Sure hope the same isn't going to happen to Happy this year... I call Harvick for 2013 Cup Champion anyway.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Waiting for Mark Martin to crash in the second duel. Him and Edwards are snake bit at Daytona this year.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good news today! The duels will be in primetime next year under the light. No more playing hookey during the day. Lol.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I call Harvick for 2013 Cup Champion anyway.

I think ALOT of people are! He seems to be very relaxed and comfortable and confident. I look for happy to go out with a bang!

Sent while using Tapatalk 2

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow!!!!!! What a finish in the Nationwide race at Daytona today. Big wreck coming to the finish line and one car was completely sheared off in front of the driver compartment. The motor went through the catch fence and was laying on the concrete in front of row 1 of the bleachers. No word on spectator injuries as of yet.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
28 fans injured with 2 serious and in critical condition. One is a 14 year old boy. I hope everyone pulls through. Apparently a tire and large chassis parts did the brunt of the damage to the spectators. One injured in the second tier! Wow.:pray2:

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
28 fans injured with 2 serious and in critical condition. One is a 14 year old boy. I hope everyone pulls through. Apparently a tire and large chassis parts did the brunt of the damage to the spectators. One injured in the second tier! Wow.:pray2:

I just saw that on the news. Hope everyone is ok...

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope they pull out ok too. Two were in serious condition. Pisses me off though the headlines are more about the win vs the spectators that were injured.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at that track years ago on a tour.. That fence is large with cables running in it. It looked like on the news the engine went into the fence and a wheel.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at that track years ago on a tour.. That fence is large with cables running in it. It looked like on the news the engine went into the fence and a wheel.

The engine was laying on the concrete walkway in front of the bleachers pretty much and a tire and large chassis pieces went into the stands as high as the 2nd tier they say. It was a perfect storm.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure hope all the spectators that were injured survive and fully recover. Its a byproduct of plate racing.

More than anything what pisses me off is blocking for the win. People always say they need to do something about this big wrecks but dont have an answer. Not that Larson was blocked or did the blocking but he was involved in a wreck caused by blocking. Whats wrong with letting the other car get door to door and then rub sides till the line? Way more exciting to have a photo finish with smoke boiling out between cars then have a huge wreck and injured fans.

My suggestion is (and it would solve the problem) anybody that performs a "blocking" move for the lead/win at a plate track is automatically, no questions asked suspended from NASCAR indefinitely. Maybe then that would make some of these highly skilled drivers practice their sportsmanship a little more. (Rant over)

Whats everyone elses idea?

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure hope all the spectators that were injured survive and fully recover. Its a byproduct of plate racing.

More than anything what pisses me off is blocking for the win. People always say they need to do something about this big wrecks but dont have an answer. Not that Larson was blocked or did the blocking but he was involved in a wreck caused by blocking. Whats wrong with letting the other car get door to door and then rub sides till the line? Way more exciting to have a photo finish with smoke boiling out between cars then have a huge wreck and injured fans.

My suggestion is (and it would solve the problem) anybody that performs a "blocking" move for the lead/win at a plate track is automatically, no questions asked suspended from NASCAR indefinitely. Maybe then that would make some of these highly skilled drivers practice their sportsmanship a little more. (Rant over)

Whats everyone elses idea?

what he said

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really hard to invoke a no blocking rule, far too subjective - just think about crossing the yellow line on the inside of the track and the controversy about enforcing it. Last laps have always had a lot of chaos in them and i think you heard from several drivers yesterday that it is the last lap of the race and anything goes. Watch Tony Stewart shoulder and push people out of the way in the closing laps. The real problem in my eyes is all of the cars bunched together at the end of these plate races - a real recipe for disaster but endless amounts of changes and planning by Nascar has not really found a solution or don't want to envoke a solution because fans mostly love this kind of close racing.

those fences and cables are massive, if you ever go to a Nascar track take a good look at them. It is a hard lesson in Physics that when objects going at great speed hit stationary objects the energy transfer is imaginable.

My heart aches for those fans, hope it turns out ok.

Top Bottom