My new ride 05 Summit 800 ho

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought it last month for $3000.It had a seized topend so i pulled her apart and redid the topend and replaced one cylinder.Had it out for the first time last weekend.And shes running good.

Attachments

• new sled 004.jpg
    new sled 004.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 236
  • new sled 002.jpg
    new sled 002.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 243

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its in really good shape.Only 2k on it.When i pulled it apart the piston on pto side had melted a bit and the wristpin bearings had seized up.It looked like the guy a bought it from was running purple gas in it.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you shake the exhaust pipe, to see if there were any pieces in there. they can work there way back to the motor, just a heads up.:beer:

vtlbill

Reaction score
Its in really good shape.Only 2k on it.When i pulled it apart the piston on pto side had melted a bit and the wristpin bearings had seized up.It looked like the guy a bought it from was running purple gas in it.

Purple gas? What is the opinion on running marked fuel in your sleds? A Yamaha dealer in BC has fuel pumps and they sell marked premium fuel.

Would the dye have any negative effects on the engine?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Purple gas? What is the opinion on running marked fuel in your sleds? A Yamaha dealer in BC has fuel pumps and they sell marked premium fuel.

Would the dye have any negative effects on the engine?

I don't think so. Had about 20 sleds running on it during a trip to Pemberton a couple of years ago, no issues related to fuel over two days.

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Melted 2 chain saws and had snowmobile trouble burning farm purple...too low octane. Anything 2 stroke now I use premium. Saving a little on fuel does not come close to motor rebuilds

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get 91 marked gas. I have ran it a few times no issues at all. I know a guy with a pump gas turbo m8 that what he runs and no issues.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks Good. I like that color combo. I have to do the top end on mine this off season...is it hard to do? I'm ok with cars but never pulled a sled apart.:beer:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u can buy marked prem in many places in b/c.... lots of guys buy it cause its the same price as reg but is prem..... i have used it and never had a problem...

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks Good. I like that color combo. I have to do the top end on mine this off season...is it hard to do? I'm ok with cars but never pulled a sled apart.:beer:

no i redid mine shortly after christmas, not terribly hard, make sure you get the torque specs.

nice looking sled :d

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Topend is easy to do once you get the engine out.The hardest part i found was getting the circlips back in to hold the wristpin.As for the torque specs i have them at work for the jugs and head.Or if your really good you can eyeball it.lol

Top Bottom