My new 2014 Skidoo finished

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problems with the new box. Reason being is that there is no more boost sence line in it it's all controlled by the map. All electronic now.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New electronics. No boost hose anymore.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 265

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good Darren and your color scheme isn't quite as drastic as the Pro was. We'll let Trish keep the title for weirdest color scheme on a sled. Once you get some seat time on the sled the question will have to be asked as to which one you liked better. The Cat, Polaris or the Doo?

Ol' Sarge

Reaction score
New electronics. No boost hose anymore.
It looks like you have the standard Aero kit. Your fuel controller does have the external 3 bar map sensor, which is a big improvement from last year, but it still batch fires the injectors. And that is still the old style case that is not very weatherproof. I'd suggest you move it someplace drier. MM specs their kits with the higher end sequential fired fuel controller that they were testing last year. It's grey in color, and totally weatherproof. Maybe Darren will post a picture.

Secondly, they also spec their turbos with the flange mount on the hot side. If you need to repair a spring tab or a crack near the ball flange it's an easy fix. The standard kits not so much. The exhaust flange also gives you more options if you want to keep your turbo and mount it in a new doo chassis or some other make down the road. What Darren has is not "old stuff they had layin' around."

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It looks like you have the standard Aero kit. Your fuel controller does have the external 3 bar map sensor, which is a big improvement from last year, but it still batch fires the injectors. And that is still the old style case that is not very weatherproof. I'd suggest you move it someplace drier. MM specs their kits with the higher end sequential fired fuel controller that they were testing last year. It's grey in color, and totally weatherproof. Maybe Darren will post a picture.

Secondly, they also spec their turbos with the flange mount on the hot side. If you need to repair a spring tab or a crack near the ball flange it's an easy fix. The standard kits not so much. The exhaust flange also gives you more options if you want to keep your turbo and mount it in a new doo chassis or some other make down the road. What Darren has is not "old stuff they had layin' around."

I know that my new kit has the new grey box and it's the sequenchal fire box not the bachfire which was loading them up on fuel and causing some boging last year. I don't have a picture of it with me but I will take one later and post it.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I never meant it was a old kit he had laying around but last years kit! and brad himself assures me this is the way all the new fall of 13 kits are, no flanges, no down exhaust dump in factory hole, all 3 bar electronics with external map sensor, guaranteed the box is sealed this year cause of no pressure sensor in box for boost sence..

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never meant it was a old kit he had laying around but last years kit! and brad himself assures me this is the way all the new fall of 13 kits are, no flanges, no down exhaust dump in factory hole, all 3 bar electronics with external map sensor, guaranteed the box is sealed this year cause of no pressure sensor in box for boost sence..

Just to clarify for everyone it is this years kit and you are right about the exhaust for this year. We cut it off at the welds and re routes the exhaust as that is how I wanted it dumped out the bottom. We did some fabricating and re painted the exhaust tip dump as I am not a fan of the new way. I sat with brad from Aerocharger after the sled show at mountain magic and had a few beers and talked about what I wanted to do with ken and brad and one of their tech guys that was with brad. Can't remember his name. I am not saying the new way won't work but I find that sometime in the trees I get stuff stuck up through the A arms and it would be in the way. If it doesn't work the way I want it to then it will go back out the side and we will have to fab it all over again.
Thanks

mmagic

Mountain Magic Snow Machines
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainmagic.ca
Plus you got the old style turbo.. The new ones have the exhaust welded to the turbo also This must be a old kit he had laying around. Lots of new differences on the new kits.

We found the front exhaust plugged off in deep snow. With the new sequential fire boxes we hope to go out the bottom to keep the sleds quieter and not choke off.

We tested the first sequential box last year with a 3 bar sensor. Sequential fire boxes put out early this year were defective due to a temp sensitive component. This is the latest sequential box only available in the last six days.

We pre-purchased our 2014 kits in Sept and this is what Areocharger sent us. This is not a kit we had "laying around". We buy early to try and stay ahead.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 197
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 192
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 197

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we found the front exhaust plugged off in deep snow. With the new sequential fire boxes we hope to go out the bottom to keep the sleds quieter and not choke off.

We tested the first sequential box last year with a 3 bar sensor. Sequential fire boxes put out early this year were defective due to a temp sensitive component. This is the latest sequential box only available in the last six days.

We pre-purchased our 2014 kits in sept and this is what areocharger sent us. This is not a kit we had "laying around". We buy early to try and stay ahead.

cool i will have that box also if mine causes me any grief, or a different box totally.. Doebeck never had a good track record to begin with hopefully now we are good to go. Thanks for the new info..

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool i will have that box also if mine causes me any grief, or a different box totally.. Doebeck never had a good track record to begin with hopefully now we are good to go. Thanks for the new info..

your welcome and give me a call I will let u in on a few things that we found out that might help u out.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good Darren and your color scheme isn't quite as drastic as the Pro was. We'll let Trish keep the title for weirdest color scheme on a sled. Once you get some seat time on the sled the question will have to be asked as to which one you liked better. The Cat, Polaris or the Doo?

I will let u know wheeler. Been along time I guess that's what happens when we have kids!

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a bad looking sled. I mostly lurk around on this forum and post very little but I have noticed that you have a different sled what looks like every year. DO you keep a sled longer than a year? Money and a new sled each year doesn't buy talent or riding ability, lol. Just curious.
Nope...... I hear the only way you can be regarded as a talented rider is if you ride a 98 700 rmk in rubber boots with a street bike helmet on....,,

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We'll just wanted to throw an update on the sled, it ran awesome in McBride today. 5 lbs of boost on premium fuel and pulled hard. Ran just like a stock aspirated sled except a bit more jam. I noticed running 5 lbs it felt manageable and didn't notice any turbo lag at all. Very happy with the sled.

Darren

Top Bottom