My experience with the Tesla Model 3

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might've been covered already in the 80+ pages but have you had any issues with maintenance or warranty work? I've read that getting repairs done can be difficult, and tesla only replaces entire assemblies, not individual components. Just curious if you've had any experience with that?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might've been covered already in the 80+ pages but have you had any issues with maintenance or warranty work? I've read that getting repairs done can be difficult, and tesla only replaces entire assemblies, not individual components. Just curious if you've had any experience with that?

Probably the worst part of owning a Tesla. Right now there is only Saskatoon, Calgary and Vancouver (x2) for service work. Edmonton is opening very soon (open now for sales/test drives). For small things they can send mobile service but for a larger job you'd have to take it in or have it towed if it's not drivable. Most of my non wear issues have been caused by rabbits chewing my harness. I sprinkled some used cat litter in my park stall and haven't had any more grief. I think in the case of individual components vs assembly would be dependent on the part. For example if you have a model S doorhandle that fails they will put in a new complete door handle. If you go on YouTube you can see people can take apart the door handles and replace the part inside of it that fails. They have been pretty fair with me and when they quote you a price to do a job they won't change it if it ends up taking longer.

Also all the service appointments, communication, and payment is done through the app on your phone. So in the app they will have the time estimate and then you'll get a notification on your phone saying that it's ready to be picked up. You can Apple Pay for the bill and then they hand you the keys when you get there. They usually check if you're from out of town and will throw it on the supercharger if they know you need some extra power to get home.

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran out of the coal made go go lighting.
FB_IMG_1627412208901.jpg

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 240694 All the Teslas in Hope, stuck waiting 2.5 hours for a charger to keep going on the highway. Too bad they can't just store a Jerry can in their trunk to fill up.
🤣
🤣
THIS WAS JUST COPIED OFF FACEBOOK....

I wonder if they knew that you could buy a vehicle that runs on gasoline. What a shame.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I wonder if they knew that you could buy a vehicle that runs on gasoline. What a shame.
That's your response to waiting for hours to charge your electric car? They should have bought a gas job?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will take several days waiting in linups to charge once our Turd bans our gas cars.

Top Bottom