My experience with the Tesla Model 3

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EV’s have good and bad I believe , like most things. But instances like the following gotta make you wonder why the seemingly desperate attempt to change

For those of you that think electric vehicles are the answer- this is a true story from a farmer in the Midwest- and I’m reposting it-

A close friend farms over 10,000 acres of corn in the midwest. The property is spread out over 3 counties. His operation is a "partnership farm" with John Deere. They use the larger farm operations as demonstration projects for the promotion and development of new equipment. He recently received a phone call from his John Deere representative, and they want the farm to go to electric tractors and combines in 2023. He currently has 5 diesel combines that cost $900,000 each that are traded in every 3 years. Also, over 10 really BIG tractors.

JD wants him to go all-electric soon.

He said: "Ok, I have some questions. How do I charge these combines when they are 3 counties away from the shop in the middle of a cornfield, in the middle of nowhere?"

"How do I run them 24 hours a day for 10 or 12 days straight when the harvest is ready, and the weather is coming in?"

"How do I get a 50,000+ lb. combine that takes up the width of an entire road back to the shop 20 miles away when the battery goes dead?"

There was dead silence on the other end of the phone.

When the corn is ready to harvest, it has to have the proper sugar and moisture content. If it is too wet, it has to be put in giant dryers that burn natural or propane gas, and lots of it. Harvest time is critical because if it degrades in sugar content or quality, it can drop the value of his crop by half a million dollars or more.

It is analyzed at the time of sale.

It is standard procedure to run these machines 10 to 12 days straight, 24 hours a day at peak harvest time.

When they need fuel, a tanker truck delivers it, and the machines keep going. John Deere's only answer is "we're working on it."

They are being pushed by the lefty Dems in the government to force these electric machines on the farmer.

These people are out of control.

They are messing with the production of food crops that feed people and livestock... all in the name of their "green dream."

Look for the cost of your box of cornflakes to triple in the next 24 months...”

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

America’s electric vehicle (EV) market has surged over the last decade, and it’s only expected to grow further. The Biden administration has allocated billions towards the EV transition in the hopes that by 2030, electric cars make up 50% of all new cars sales in America
🚗

Given the rising demand, what types of electric car models are available for U.S. consumers to choose from today?
This graphic, using data from Car and Driver and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), highlights every single EV that’s available for sale across America, showing the wide range of manufacturers, vehicle types, and prices.
To read the full story, click the link in comments.
#ev #cars #america #automobile
1657119146220.png
1657119175024.png
1657119196810.png
1657119212083.png
1657119228018.png
1657119247160.png
1657119262216.png

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the Rivian has a 835hp option and gets over 450miles per full charge... in the truck and suv version. I like the looks of the Audi and the Lucid air

Unless you are towing, then the range drops big time...

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the Rivian has a 835hp option and gets over 450miles per full charge... in the truck and suv version. I like the looks of the Audi and the Lucid air

I have 2 friends with Rivian reservations. Looking like q3 2023.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EV’s have good and bad I believe , like most things. But instances like the following gotta make you wonder why the seemingly desperate attempt to change

For those of you that think electric vehicles are the answer- this is a true story from a farmer in the Midwest- and I’m reposting it-

A close friend farms over 10,000 acres of corn in the midwest. The property is spread out over 3 counties. His operation is a "partnership farm" with John Deere. They use the larger farm operations as demonstration projects for the promotion and development of new equipment. He recently received a phone call from his John Deere representative, and they want the farm to go to electric tractors and combines in 2023. He currently has 5 diesel combines that cost $900,000 each that are traded in every 3 years. Also, over 10 really BIG tractors.

He said: "Ok, I have some questions. How do I charge these combines when they are 3 counties away from the shop in the middle of a cornfield, in the middle of nowhere?"

"How do I run them 24 hours a day for 10 or 12 days straight when the harvest is ready, and the weather is coming in?"

"How do I get a 50,000+ lb. combine that takes up the width of an entire road back to the shop 20 miles away when the battery goes dead?"

When the corn is ready to harvest, it has to have the proper sugar and moisture content. If it is too wet, it has to be put in giant dryers that burn natural or propane gas, and lots of it. Harvest time is critical because if it degrades in sugar content or quality, it can drop the value of his crop by half a million dollars or more.

It is standard procedure to run these machines 10 to 12 days straight, 24 hours a day at peak harvest time.

When they need fuel, a tanker truck delivers it, and the machines keep going. John Deere's only answer is "we're working on it."

They are being pushed by the lefty Dems in the government to force these electric machines on the farmer.

They are messing with the production of food crops that feed people and livestock... all in the name of their "green dream."

No farm is going electric in 2023 because you can’t even buy a diesel combine/tractor/sprayer from Deere right now. I got quoted $320k for a used 2016 370r with 3600hours. A brand new one is $600k. You know it’s bad when rich potato farmers aren’t buying Deere just out of principal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree with this. I don't understand the logic of electrifying a machine that operates a handful of weeks per year.

Makes a lot more sense to electrify long haul truck (particularly in the southern states) that are used daily and have more opportunities for charging.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be cool if the camper batteries gave your EV extended range by plugging into them.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
keep in mind as well there test route only had 1000ft elevation change at most. I have drive the road there are testing.... it is basically flat. Dont see the practical aspect of a electric truck for outdoor excursions. Hybrid would be a much better option, 200km range on EV and 600km range on gas would be ultimate.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a lot of Teslas. Looks like they only offer 3 color choices though.

Top Bottom