Muffler

MUDISFUN

Reaction score
I have a 2009 750 Brute Force, can I put a loud muffler on it without having to put a fuel control on the machine? :confused: I was told if I put a full exhaust system on I would need a fuel control because the ECM can't adjust the fuel enough on its own.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people will tell you that you dont.

but many people have cooked motors not switching chips on efi motors after doing Intake / Exhaust mods.

i guess it would depend on how much it uncorks your bike.

MUDISFUN

Reaction score
It's a 2009 guys, 2007 was the last year for carbs on the 750. I don't want to put a full system on it just a pipe.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your not getting it.

EFI controller needs to be changed many people have burned out machines by changing Exhaust and not the Controller.

when messing with motors you have to make sure adjustment is taken into consideration.

thats how it works with anything.

you change one thing you must adjust the other.

you cant change your airflow and keep your stock AFR mixture.

MUDISFUN

Reaction score
I talked with Kevin at Rapid Revolutions. The only pipe you can put on the 750 without a fuel controller is HMF swamp series. Thanks anyway.

MUDISFUN

Reaction score
your not getting it.

EFI controller needs to be changed many people have burned out machines by changing Exhaust and not the Controller.

when messing with motors you have to make sure adjustment is taken into consideration.

thats how it works with anything.

you change one thing you must adjust the other.

you cant change your airflow and keep your stock AFR mixture.

I got it before I asked the question. I asked the question because there is so many opinions. I didn't buy my first quad yesterday, but this is my first fuel injected one.

MUDISFUN

Reaction score
lol. that makes no sense at all.

He told me that the swamp series is one of the only pipes that will maintain back pressure. There is apparently more baffles in the pipe, basically mimicking a stock pipe but a more aggressive sound. Still LOL? Or is Kevin full of sheet.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its still a strait through hole.

your AFR should change any time you flow more air.

its a chambered pipe instead of a glass pack

part of the pipe near the front is open inside and the back end is chambered all that does is reflect sound into the chamber and deaden it.

cant see how it would effect air flow considering the HP increases are rated the same as the Utility.

maybe I'm off base but any pipe that increases your air flow "which is how it increases your HP" is going to change your AFR " air fuel ratios".

The Swampseries is supposed to be quieter than the utility because of this chamber vs glass pack my XL is basically a shorter model and its quite loud tho.

MUDISFUN

Reaction score
I agree that you know what you are talking about, and for now I'm going to stay away from putting a pipe on. The machine has lots of power the way it is anyway. Appreciate your input, it was very helpful. :)

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those 750s are quite powerful stock.

when you put a higher flowing air filter and exhaust on them they can become quite un-corked though.

which is why the Fuel map needs to be changed to compensate for those changes.

Top Bottom