Muff pot on my turbo, will it fry my food?

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Well I was playing with my new mountain tek turbo today and had to stop cuz I need some questions answered before I finish but I decided to install my muff pot instead. I bolted it to the turbo and think it will withstand the heat and vibration but will I fry my food with this setup, what do you guys think? There is no other place to mount this either, I tried everything.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 288

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have tried mounting my pot everywhere, and I can't get it to heat up enough to cook anything. I've mounted it directly on the exhaust side of the turbo, and it gets hot, but takes a long time. The only place that worked was right at the head pipe, but it's hard to reach on the pro. I think you'll be fine, just keep an eye on it.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With these modern sleds I can't believe someone hasn't designed a muffpot with a built in thermocouple already

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
On my M1000 the food would heat up in a half hour of hard riding to the point where I could not eat it cuz it was sizzling. I hoped that this would work on the turbo but there is a space between the muffpot and the turbo and that will not help with the heat for sure. The head pipe would work but you need to take the hood off to get to it and that is not an option for me.Maybe I will have to do a port job on the pot so it does a better job ha ha.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 Cool Vents makes a nice hood vent set up. It is designed so you can just remove the vent and access you muff pot. I believe that I have one set left.
for a pro.

Top Bottom