MSRP +/- on New Diesels

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Build and price the truck you want on the manufacturer's website, print off the build and take it to your dealer, make the deal, put a deposit down and order it. I've ordered many vehicles from my local dealer, I don't pay retail for anything... even at 15% off MSRP the dealer is still making decent coin, and it's another number for them in overall sales, which benefits them in more ways then one.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why are they giving you 15% off msrp?
Not uncommon with an order. They get kickbacks for higher volumes, so it's beneficial for them to move more trucks. They're still making money at this price point, and there's virtually no cost to them in terms of holding charges, marketing, etc. It's a sold truck from the moment they order it. If you finance it, then they make even more.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not uncommon with an order. They get kickbacks for higher volumes, so it's beneficial for them to move more trucks. They're still making money at this price point, and there's virtually no cost to them in terms of holding charges, marketing, etc. It's a sold truck from the moment they order it. If you finance it, then they make even more.

Right on. I buy dozen or more trucks a year and dont get that deal so was just wondering....lol

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on. I buy dozen or more trucks or more and dont get that deal so was just wondering....lol
If you are ordering them, you might need to find a new dealer. Off the lot, you won't get that deal anywhere.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you getting anything below msrp?

If not, I can give you my guys number. They'll ship em down to you

We have been lucky if the trucks even show up lol

We buy GM. If you have a guy that can do 15% below msrp id be interested.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fleet pricing is generally way cheaper.

We bought 5 F350s at work CCLB, mid level XLT, 6.2 gas. MSRP is 68k, we paid 52k a piece. Taken delivery of 3 so far, waiting for 2 more.

If I could get that kind of pricing on my own I'd be listing my diesel right now and getting a new F350 with the 7.3.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheapest bare bones dodges we could find was 50g for a v6 half ton...

Maybe we'll go look at ford. I kind of find those deals hard to believe in 2023. But will definitely look into it.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheapest bare bones dodges we could find was 50g for a v6 half ton...

Maybe we'll go look at ford. I kind of find those deals hard to believe in 2023. But will definitely look into it.

Yeah it's hard to say what 2023 will bring, these are 2022 still with the 6 speed, so MSRP is probably closer to $68k.

Check out Jim Peplinski leasing in Edmonton.

Sometimes buying them outright isn't the cheapest, leasing with zero residual can end up being cheaper and may have beneficial tax implications for the business.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's hard to say what 2023 will bring, these are 2022 still with the 6 speed, so MSRP is probably closer to $68k.

Check out Jim Peplinski leasing in Edmonton.

Sometimes buying them outright isn't the cheapest, leasing with zero residual can end up being cheaper and may have beneficial tax implications for the business.

We tried the leasing thing. We just buy them now and run them into the ground. Is the most economical. People dont take care of company vehicles

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes very true. Ford has a fantastic fleet pricing program. That's why we've been buying them. We make sure to flip them before they become issues though.
Good friend of mine’s wife works for Intact Insurance. Their fleet of 500+ vehicles is mostly Ford and the employees could access X plan up to late 2019.

He went to buy a F350 using the X plan and nowhere would honor it; I don’t even know if it still exists for employees.

I find 15% on an upper trim level HD truck tough to believe. I’d switch to Ford for that kind of deal though to

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good friend of mine’s wife works for Intact Insurance. Their fleet of 500+ vehicles is mostly Ford and the employees could access X plan up to late 2019.

He went to buy a F350 using the X plan and nowhere would honor it; I don’t even know if it still exists for employees.

I find 15% on an upper trim level HD truck tough to believe. I’d switch to Ford for that kind of deal though to
Ford definitely cancelled their fleet program back in 2021. My stepdaughters dad is the fleet sales manager at one of the local Ford dealerships (and Grandpa is the GM), and there was nothing available. I haven't bought any trucks this year, so I can't say if it's still cancelled or not, but I do see inventory piling up again.

Top Bottom