Mountain Wedding Locations

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A key thing that I would think about too is convenience for the majority of the family/friends to travel to? There's obviously tons of mountain destination wedding venues all along the rockies, but what is closest, etc. I have my heart set on Canmore for the main reason that is somewhat central location for all of my family members to travel to.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the immediate family lives in fort mcmurray along w/ most friends.. so that makes jasper 7-8hrs and the canmore/banff area about 8-9 i guess? extended family is edmonton, few bit more south and rest other provinces.

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My cousin got married in Canmore last year as well, outdoor wedding right in the mountains. Id have to find out where it was exactly for you. It was beautiful though!

Climber Girl

Reaction score
Hi. We use Google Alerts to track social media and comments on Kicking Horse and came across your forum. I'm the Wedding Sales Rep at the resort so if you have any questions, please feel free to pass them my way. Otherwise check out our website :)

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got married in Canmore at Quarry Lake. It was a gorgeous setting but the only downside to that location is you have to set up and rent your own chairs... and the only guy in Canmore that rents is a douche-canoe. We hauled out chairs from Calgary.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm resurrecting this old thread, but I'm just curious if anyone has ever been to the David Thompson Resort in Nordegg? Or if anyone knows of, or has been to, a wedding hosted at the DTR? I'm now looking to plan my wedding in Nordegg, and right now DTR is the only venue that has any availability for summer of 2014.Anyway, any info would be great - I know its more of a 'rustic' facility, but its kinda what we're going for.. nothing fancy, plus.. we can supply our own bar and there is a variety of accomodations available like camping, RV rentals, cabins and a motel.

Kazual 6

Reaction score
My cousin had his in Canmore a couple of years ago, their wedding pictures are amazing!

I plan to have mine in Canmore, gorgeous and several different venues, i've seen all kinda of wedding photos from Canmore and they were absolutely stunning.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Kananaskis. My cousin got married there about 5 years ago. It was amazing. Prices were actually quite reasonable, and amazing golfing.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got married on a little golf course up at Wells Gray Park west of Clearwater BC. Everyone camped there or hoteled in Clearwater. Had reception in Gazebo there too, 100 or so total. Hired our own minister and marriage commisioner from Kamloops attended to witness. Nine years on July 24! Good luck!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about 3 valley Gap ?? Between revy and sicamouse

Might be $$$ but has everything Ur looking for.

sent from my HTC while working

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I changed my original plan for Canmore to Nordegg, I'm sticking with Nordegg because Ive spent a lot of time up there and still do, my Dad lives there, and its cheap and relatively convenient for family to travel. The scenery in Nordegg too, is majestic, and I'm pretty set on doing some wedding photos at Crescent Falls. I actually have a date booked for next year at the DTR, but I haven't actually been there or seen it yet. I had to book the date because they only had one weekend left available for summer 2014, however I will be going to see the place in June - was just curious on anyone's thoughts or experience of the place. I need to be able to seat at the very minimum 175 people if not more, and they seat 200.

If David Thompson Resort doesn't work out for us, then our last and final resort is the Nordegg hall, unless I can scope out something else in and around the Rocky Mountain House area. I grew up and spent a lot of time in that country so it means a lot to me to be able to have my wedding there.

We're aiming to keep it cheap, I'm not spending $10K on a wedding. Got a nice big honeymoon to save that money for! lol :)

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
I was at a wedding at Jasper place lodge as well. very nice! as guests we just stayed in a hotel in Jasper. I recall the groom was thrilled about the fact he got to crap on the same toilet as royalty. LOL

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any new ideas? Just got engaged and the fiancé wants a mountain wedding. I was thinking the Terecanna Resort but I have never been there in the summer. Wedding is going to be smaller with around 75 people. She also mentioned pyramid lake in jasper.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trickle Creek Lodge in Kimberley BC. I went to a wedding there, they got married right on top of the ski hill mountain. Everyone goes up on the chairlift, awesome views and good fun.

Top Bottom