Mountain Riding

johnsmithnf

Reaction score
Hello, looking for a recommendation for a place to rent, stay and tour in the mountains this winter. There are 6 of us and would like to gather information and suggestions. Not picky as to where at but as long as the sledding is newbie friendly as the ladies are not used to a whole lot of sledding. So far only place I can find is alpine country. Just planning a weekend of saturday and maybe sunday of riding. Thanks.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glacier house in revy has sled rentals with all the latest and greatest. Guided tours cabins with hot tubs pub restaurant on site bagged lunches. Stayed there a few times. I would say I'm about 75% satisfied with the place

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If the ladies are new riders I would recommend starting them off with a less changelling area than the mountains. When the snow gets here and trails are set up and running I would take them to a place like Whitecourt or Fox Creek. Trails are well kept and easy to access from town. JMHO

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Glacier house in revy has sled rentals with all the latest and greatest. Guided tours cabins with hot tubs pub restaurant on site bagged lunches. Stayed there a few times. I would say I'm about 75% satisfied with the place

I've heard nothing good about that place....

If the ladies are new riders I would recommend starting them off with a less changelling area than the mountains. When the snow gets here and trails are set up and running I would take them to a place like Whitecourt or Fox Creek. Trails are well kept and easy to access from town. JMHO

Swan hills also has some nice hilly terrain... but for mountains Bell in McBride and Clamina in Valemount are both beginner friendly, Glen at spindrift rents sleds and the At Home B&B in Mcbride is awesome and will accomodate all 6

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello, looking for a recommendation for a place to rent, stay and tour in the mountains this winter. There are 6 of us and would like to gather information and suggestions. Not picky as to where at but as long as the sledding is newbie friendly as the ladies are not used to a whole lot of sledding. So far only place I can find is alpine country. Just planning a weekend of saturday and maybe sunday of riding. Thanks.

valemount would be the closest to you, plenty of terrain for newbies and tons of snow. trails are groomed every day. i suggest checking out Welcome to Legacy Vacation Rental if you want to make your weekend top notch. alpine country rentals is where you can rent skidoo snowmobiles. but you could also rent local and trailer them up

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
X2 for Legacy...spent a christmas there, very nice place. My only complaint was the lack of a hot tub...

valemount would be the closest to you, plenty of terrain for newbies and tons of snow. trails are groomed every day. i suggest checking out Welcome to Legacy Vacation Rental if you want to make your weekend top notch. alpine country rentals is where you can rent skidoo snowmobiles. but you could also rent local and trailer them up

Top Bottom