Mountain Addiction Gas Cans

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installed these on my sled today. Took about ten minutes... Easy install, other than drilling holes through a brand new tunnel is difficult... lol. Fitment of the jugs is small, and for those curious... They are strapless. They slide on from one side, which a pin secures them. On the other side the "rail" ends, so they cannot slide off the other side. In other words, they use no straps, look ten times better, and won't come off unless you put them on wrong. Here's some pics.

Attachments

• 18 (Small).jpg
    18 (Small).jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 20 (Small).jpg
    20 (Small).jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 21 (Small).jpg
    21 (Small).jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 43

duramaxdan

Reaction score
yup is a great idea
but i dont like the vent plug set up on the cans looked at them at the edmonton show and it looks like they would pop open easy
just my 2cents

if they put a screw cap on them for the vent i would be all over it :beer:

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the same set up on my hcr but green cans i siliconed the vents shut now they wont open :)

NYTRO

Reaction score
These work great. I have them on my 08 Nytro and I haven't had any problems with them. Its a lot better than straping a can to the back just to loose them over some rough terrain. I rolled my machine and they never came off. I've even used the handles on the cans to help lift the back end of the sled out of a hole.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a great system. however. ttake the cans off until you need them. i chainsaweed my sled into the snow last year and they poped off and basically comprimised the fitment.

steven2120

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those look like a great idea..been looking for something like that...where would i be able to find those? how much? and would they work with my m8 153"

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol are you kidding me. thats why you dont bring your extremely hung over friends who just want to get out of there as fast as possible because all the people moving around are making them dizzy.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol are you kidding me. thats why you dont bring your extremely hung over friends who just want to get out of there as fast as possible because all the people moving around are making them dizzy.

Yeah, I can relate. I like taking my time. It's only on once a year, so i don't like missing anything. I think I was there from 4:00 till 9:30 on Friday lol.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
the cans where actually just down the road from the snowandmud booth

i didnt like that the cans are so small
and the guy i talked to from the stand told me right away if i put the big ones on which they also sell
they dont hold up really well

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
sounds cool i thought those cans where raguler gas cans you strap on the back i didnt know that they feed the fule tank:d

They don't feed the fuel tank. They're just plain old jerry cans that mount on to two rails. Pretty sweet though. I picked up a set at the show myself.

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a set last year. I really like them. They were kinda tough getting them on and off the first couple times so I recommend using some WD40 and sliding them on and off 10 times or so before using them. It would suck having the fuel on your sled but not being able to use it. The first time I had to use a mallet and my foot! Here's a pic of my setup.:beer:

Attachments

• IMG_3747.jpg
    IMG_3747.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 34
Top Bottom