Morning snow report.

XP Braap

Reaction score
A few of us are looking at going to ferrnie march 14-15. Any recommendation on where to stay and where to ride? We've never been there yet. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
A few of us are looking at going to ferrnie march 14-15. Any recommendation on where to stay and where to ride? We've never been there yet. Thanks

My recommendation is the Park Place Lodge (250-423-6871) as they are a major sponsor of the Fernie Snowmobile Association. Some say it is expensive but you get what you pay for! Indoor pool/hot tub, restaurant, great little pub. There also is the Super8 and Best Western. Super8 has a Smitty's beside it and the Best Western only has a Boston Pizza.

As for riding, the Coal Creek trail is groomed MWF and takes you to some of the best riding in the area. Lots of room in the Rolling Hills but be careful as the trees have a tendency to move every once in awhile.

daves

Reaction score

Don't stay at the travel lodge ,canceled my room, but the still took the money ,and now won't return my calls .And yes I canceled it before dead line .

• Love
Reactions: rgd

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We recommend that you look at Park Place Lodge. They have everything you need right there and If you get the rooms on the 3rd floor they are very nice.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay Ferniesnow you won't need to groom if everybody gets a new 174 skidoo it looks like it would bridge a 4 ft gap . Thanks for the vid with one of my favorite tunes. The snow has been very soft the past few weeks ,it may have something to do with my new doo, or just mother nature.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Last 24 hours and 48 hours respectively:

FAR 20 cm and 48 cm
KAR 0 cm and 11 cm
EAR rain event (There was no new snow on the landing strip upon returning to the resort. When we arrived it was obvious there was a pretty good rain event at 4360' and the trees appear snow laden at higher elevations).

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't stay at the travel lodge ,canceled my room, but the still took the money ,and now won't return my calls .And yes I canceled it before dead line .
Travel Lodge is the s###est place ever. Had a room booked for 2 nights and double checked on the first nights stay. Got up to staging area in the morning, unloaded and part way up trail when I got a call from front desk wondering what to do with our stuff in the room. I told them that we had the room for that night and they said no only one night. Front desk said that they would put our luggage out side the door on the sidewalk if we liked. We had to load up and head back down to retrieve our stuff. No sorry no compensation no nothing just see ya later. We lost a day of great riding because of the Travel Lodge. Also rooms were dirty, mouldy and gross.

Thanks Doug for the snow reports. Going to be there this weekend sounds like great riding!!

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last 24 hours:

FAR 21cm
KAR 14 cm
EAR rain with snow showing on the trees at about 1400m
Fernie Ski Resort closed down half their mountain I see on their website. Just the older portion is running with half day lift ticket prices. Usually this happens due to avi risks. Play safe out there sledding brothers and sisters - I remember being in the whitefish area riding when the Harvey bowl, mass loss of life avalanche happened and conditions where somewhat eerily similar to what they are now (lots of snow in a short period of time and warm weather causing everything to run) Make good choices.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We got a bunch!

Various reports and it was spotty........

FAR 24 hours 32cm - 48 hours 70cm
KAR 24 hours 0cm - 48 hours 8cm
EAR 24 hours 40cm - 48 hours 40cm

In the Rolling Hills, put that fresh from Wednesday/Thursday on top of last Sunday's 30+ cm and it it glorious!

Rode Elkford yesterday, and it was EPIC!

Last edited:

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got a bunch!

Various reports and it was spotty........

FAR 24 hours 32cm - 48 hours 70cm
KAR 24 hours 0cm - 48 hours 8cm
EAR 24 hours 40cm - 48 hours 40cm

In the Rolling Hills, put that fresh from Wednesday/Thursday on top of last Sunday's 30+ cm and it it glorious!

Rode Elkford yesterday, and it was EPIC!

FAR = Fernie
KAR = Kimberly
EAR = ? Elkford Alpine Resort?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We rode 50 cms of fresh yesterday in the Rolling Hills. It was an arm's length sitting on top of the last crust. Glorious, it was!

In the last 24 hours:
FAR 17 cm
KAR 8 cm
EAR 6 cm

Top Bottom