More Power For Wolverine 450 ???

crxpert

Reaction score
I take trips to Pennsylvania and need more power going up the coal mine hills. It is stock right now and I need suggestions. I like the reliability of stock but I need just a little more power...

Byron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well you wnat more bit so toyr tires grip better? then get a bit bigger tires probbaly like 26" for you so like $500-600
if you just wnat power get maybea full exhaust $500
or a clutch kit 250 just for it and 250 for install
or i can probally do it for like 50 bucks im only 15 but i can do it

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I take trips to Pennsylvania and need more power going up the coal mine hills. It is stock right now and I need suggestions. I like the reliability of stock but I need just a little more power...

i ve had 450 wolverines go to a 25x 10x12 mudlite small lug tire, it will give u more grip, abit more clearance as well as increased top end, you can also go to a K&N filter and jet kit, and a epi clutch kit would top it off should be able to do all that for about 700 ish , that way it wont be noisy and i think youll get what u want...

Dealer for yamaha, suzuki, arctic cat 18yrs

Terry
:cool:

crxpert

Reaction score
Thanx...I was afraid the 25 inch tires would rob power. I really don't have traction issues with the stock tires is just gradually comes to a stop. Does that EPI clutch change the gear ratio or can it using a different belt?

Byron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
crxpert
eiather get the dalton clutch kit or EPI one and then maybe jet it

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what kind of elevation you are running at, but if it is gradually slowing to a stop it sounds to me like a jetting issue or other performance problems. The Wolverine curtainly lacks some power, but its not that bad when it is running correctly.

The clutch kit does not directly change gear ratios as such. Its allows the engine to build RPM for better torque before it engages and starts to shift out. A good clutch kit will also improve the backshift. Effectively, it allows the engine to work in a more efficient RPM range in term of power output.

Wise Mechanical

Reaction score
i ve had 450 wolverines go to a 25x 10x12 mudlite small lug tire, it will give u more grip, abit more clearance as well as increased top end, you can also go to a K&N filter and jet kit, and a epi clutch kit would top it off should be able to do all that for about 700 ish , that way it wont be noisy and i think youll get what u want...

Dealer for yamaha, suzuki, arctic cat 18yrs

Terry
:cool:

You could not have said it any better, we run this exact setup on the girlfriends quad and it rips for a 450.

Top Bottom