Miss Universe Canada Pageant

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats everyones thought on Jenna Talacova competing in the Miss Universe Canada Pageant as a transgender. Is it similarto mine? :puke:

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is incredible how much things have changed since Dr Frankenstein built his own person.
My compliments to the doctors and where do I place my order for one. lol

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

Find a Job M&S Wine Feedback
Friday, May 18 2012 3PM 13°C 6PM 12°C 5-Day Forecast

[h=1]Transgender beauty queen allowed to compete in Donald Trump's Miss Universe Canada pageant after officials claimed she lied on application form[/h]
  • Jenna Talackova, 23, had been thrown out after organisers discovered she had surgery to become a woman

By Laura Pullman
PUBLISHED: 02:28 GMT, 3 April 2012 | UPDATED: 12:07 GMT, 3 April 2012

The beauty queen who was born a boy won't be kicked out of the Miss Universe Canada competition after all.
Jenna Talackova, 23, was thrown out of the pageant, founded by Donald Trump, when organisers found out she had undergone surgery to become a woman.
Officials denied charges of discrimination and said the reason why a male-to-female transgender contestant could not compete was because Miss Talackova lied on her application form.
Scroll down for video
article-2119786-125106E1000005DC-166_634x389.jpg
All woman: Jenna Talackova, 23, (pictured right in 2010 with Miss Korea, left) will now be allowed to enter Miss Universe Canada

However Miss Universe authorities have appeared to have a change of heart after claiming the young woman had been 'dishonest'.

Michael D Cohen, executive vice president and special counsel to Donald Trump, wrote in an email to ABC: 'The Miss Universe Organization will allow Jenna Talackova to compete in the 2012 Miss Universe Canada pageant provided she meets the legal gender recognition requirements of Canada, and the standards established by other international competitions.'

[h=4]More...[/h]

The transgendered contestant had already successfully reached the finals in the Miss Vancouver pageant before she was banned from continuing in the competition.
article-2124309-1251067A000005DC-542_306x457.jpg
Suspicious: Ms Talackova was kicked out of the competition after organisers became suspicious she was not 'naturally born female'

After becoming suspicious, director Denis Davila questioned Ms Talackova, 23, who said that, even though she written on her application that she had been born a female, that was not the case.
'We have to have the facts straight. There is no discrimination here at all,' Mr Davila said.
'You can look at it the way she wants to look at it, but we all have to follow the same rules.'
Following her expulsion from the competition, organizers faced much criticism with many fans saying that they were blatantly discriminatory.
Over 20,000 people signed a virtual petition on Change.org calling for organizers to reverse their decision.
The original decision from the Miss Universe Canada pageant sparked outrage with people calling for Jenna to be reinstated into the contest.
People took to social media pages to express their disgust with one Facebook user writing on the pageant's page: 'Tell us what "requirements" did she not make? This reeks of discrimination...'
Miss Talackova and her lawyer had been due to hold a press conference tomorrow to discuss the issue.
In a YouTube interview, Miss Talackova has said she knew she was a female at the age of four and began hormone therapy ten years later.

article-2124309-126E6D70000005DC-162_306x537.jpg

article-0-12510675000005DC-92_306x537.jpg

No longer fired: Miss Universe Canada, a competition owned by Donald Trump (left), has allowed Jenna Talackova (right) to take part

article-2119786-1251068D000005DC-393_634x910.jpg
Standing tall: Jenna had transgender surgery when she was 19 years old

A veteran beauty pageant competitor, who has participated in Miss Universe pageants before, Miss Talackova surgically changed her gender aged 19.
‘I regard myself as a woman with a history,’ she said, winking to the camera.
The only requirements stated on the Miss Universe Canada website is that to enter, women must be a Canadian citizen and between the ages of 18 and 27.

The application made no mention of rules regarding sexual reassignment surgery.

article-2119786-125106F5000005DC-939_634x321.jpg
Beauty queen: Jenna Talackova, fourth from right, has competed in a Miss Universe contest before

Watch video here

Read more: Jenna Talackova: Transgender beauty queen allowed to compete in Miss Universe Canada pageant | Mail Online

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

Find a Job M&S Wine Feedback
Friday, May 18 2012 3PM 13°C 6PM 12°C 5-Day Forecast

[h=1]Transgender beauty queen allowed to compete in Donald Trump's Miss Universe Canada pageant after officials claimed she lied on application form[/h]
  • Jenna Talackova, 23, had been thrown out after organisers discovered she had surgery to become a woman

By Laura Pullman
PUBLISHED: 02:28 GMT, 3 April 2012 | UPDATED: 12:07 GMT, 3 April 2012

The beauty queen who was born a boy won't be kicked out of the Miss Universe Canada competition after all.
Jenna Talackova, 23, was thrown out of the pageant, founded by Donald Trump, when organisers found out she had undergone surgery to become a woman.
Officials denied charges of discrimination and said the reason why a male-to-female transgender contestant could not compete was because Miss Talackova lied on her application form.
Scroll down for video
article-2119786-125106E1000005DC-166_634x389.jpg
All woman: Jenna Talackova, 23, (pictured right in 2010 with Miss Korea, left) will now be allowed to enter Miss Universe Canada

However Miss Universe authorities have appeared to have a change of heart after claiming the young woman had been 'dishonest'.

Michael D Cohen, executive vice president and special counsel to Donald Trump, wrote in an email to ABC: 'The Miss Universe Organization will allow Jenna Talackova to compete in the 2012 Miss Universe Canada pageant provided she meets the legal gender recognition requirements of Canada, and the standards established by other international competitions.'

[h=4]More...[/h]

The transgendered contestant had already successfully reached the finals in the Miss Vancouver pageant before she was banned from continuing in the competition.
article-2124309-1251067A000005DC-542_306x457.jpg
Suspicious: Ms Talackova was kicked out of the competition after organisers became suspicious she was not 'naturally born female'

After becoming suspicious, director Denis Davila questioned Ms Talackova, 23, who said that, even though she written on her application that she had been born a female, that was not the case.
'We have to have the facts straight. There is no discrimination here at all,' Mr Davila said.
'You can look at it the way she wants to look at it, but we all have to follow the same rules.'
Following her expulsion from the competition, organizers faced much criticism with many fans saying that they were blatantly discriminatory.
Over 20,000 people signed a virtual petition on Change.org calling for organizers to reverse their decision.
The original decision from the Miss Universe Canada pageant sparked outrage with people calling for Jenna to be reinstated into the contest.
People took to social media pages to express their disgust with one Facebook user writing on the pageant's page: 'Tell us what "requirements" did she not make? This reeks of discrimination...'
Miss Talackova and her lawyer had been due to hold a press conference tomorrow to discuss the issue.
In a YouTube interview, Miss Talackova has said she knew she was a female at the age of four and began hormone therapy ten years later.

article-2124309-126E6D70000005DC-162_306x537.jpg

article-0-12510675000005DC-92_306x537.jpg

No longer fired: Miss Universe Canada, a competition owned by Donald Trump (left), has allowed Jenna Talackova (right) to take part

article-2119786-1251068D000005DC-393_634x910.jpg
Standing tall: Jenna had transgender surgery when she was 19 years old

A veteran beauty pageant competitor, who has participated in Miss Universe pageants before, Miss Talackova surgically changed her gender aged 19.
‘I regard myself as a woman with a history,’ she said, winking to the camera.
The only requirements stated on the Miss Universe Canada website is that to enter, women must be a Canadian citizen and between the ages of 18 and 27.

The application made no mention of rules regarding sexual reassignment surgery.

article-2119786-125106F5000005DC-939_634x321.jpg
Beauty queen: Jenna Talackova, fourth from right, has competed in a Miss Universe contest before

Watch video here

Read more: Jenna Talackova: Transgender beauty queen allowed to compete in Miss Universe Canada pageant | Mail Online

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is incredible how much things have changed since Dr Frankenstein built his own person.
My compliments to the doctors and where do I place my order for one. lol

A doctor? Well I suspect an internet search will help provide you with the medical care you need.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Being a little older than snopro, I can honestly say, "I am quite pleased with the fact that I'm closer to the other side of the sod as I see major problems with a lot of things in the next generations". Not that I'm ready to throw in the towel quite yet but.....

I don't know how the younger generation is going to handle all the social ramifications of "the new age" as we go forward. From the environmental/conservational changes, the human developmental changes, the religious changes, the governmental changes regarding spending and taxation, and a myriad of other less subtle issues.

The whole aspect of sexual orientation, immigration issues, environmental concerns and the green movement, are going to be huge in the future. This pageant is the tip of an iceberg IMHO. There is a very large ill-informed populous who think they know the answers and have forgotten the big picture. How does Man keep a certain standard of living, something that even David Suzuki is very used to, and keep a harmonic balance. Take a close look at the pipeline issues and see the driving forces of reluctance. Not to change the subject, but I'm thinking the social fabric is into a big change and I'm quite happy that I won't have to deal with it. I may have to put up with it for awhile but that I can handle as long as I can ride up into my "heaven or haven".

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good god fernie you invented dirt, the world is constantly evolving for the better or worse.

bet she gets lots of attention at the watering holes,

Last edited:

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have an issue with it personally. I think I would have an issue if fake tits were a no no or fake ass or fake lips....seriously what's a fake vajayjay. And she's hot..... Isn't that what those pageants are about anyways.

We were joking the other day that the hottest chick in Canada is a dude.......

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Miss Universe, and most pageants like it are so incredibly inane, esoteric, and irrelevant... who cares? Does this one person represent me, my country, or my universe... UMMM, NO!

I don't fully understand the whole "sex reassignment" deal or the emotions behind it. But I do wonder: this girl started hormones at 14 to change her sex. She had to have a pretty strong biological and psychological imperative from a young age to choose to be so radically different. I don't envy what she went through as a child, teen, or adult. It's got to be a tough road to follow and I have a hard time believing that anybody would "choose" that kind of stigma and hurt. It's easy to be grossed out and ignorant, but I feel compassion for her. Does she belong in a pageant: I don't know ?!? The only real "pageant" worth watching these days anyways is the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: its all bathing suit competition and no ridiculous "world peace" speeches :)

Top Bottom