Ministick Trails

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I finally got out to the trails southest of Sherwood Park. Took a buddy who had never sledded as an adult and he had a great time. The trails are not technically difficult but are very scenic and great for a first timer. I can see lots of work has been done to mark the trails and keep the trails clear. If you are looking for a place to play and teach younger riders I think this is the place. Got there at 10 and the parking lot was deserted but by the time we got back at 3 or so there was a number of units in the parking lot with more coming in. Nice to see the facility being used. Makes me glad to get my trail pass to help out the maintainers of these trails and keep them open.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where is this staging area u speak of? We always used to ride in from the south side off the miqulon north rd
nice little A frame there if it hasnt been destroyed

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey K, glad you finally made it out there and enjoyed it! Too bad we couldn't join you but the gangs battling various ailments, so hopefully next week we can hook up and get some fresh air!

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where is this staging area u speak of? We always used to ride in from the south side off the miqulon north rd
nice little A frame there if it hasnt been destroyed
Staging area is off RR 220 on 504A at the end towards the east.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey K, glad you finally made it out there and enjoyed it! Too bad we couldn't join you but the gangs battling various ailments, so hopefully next week we can hook up and get some fresh air!

look forward to it. What is the story behind the chimney by the lake? kinda neat that it is there.
Sorry to hear that you were under the weather.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had several wiener roasts there, summer and winter.....have tried finding some history, so far nothing...there is a date scratched into one of the bricks, "1917"

Have also packed out way to much garbage from there as well as cleaned off some graffiti….

Great question hope someone knows something….

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have groomed the North section 4 times now and the south section 2 times

The trails are in awesome condition and flat as a pancake

You can ride south to Centennial Park campgrounds then south another 18km to the town of Hay lakes too

So 65km of trails in Miinistik and 18 km south to haylakes & 18km back makes for about 102km of trails

But once south of ministik you can ride forever (just not in Strathcona County - $230.00 per sled ticket)

Enjoy the trails

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have groomed the North section 4 times now and the south section 2 times

The trails are in awesome condition and flat as a pancake

You can ride south to Centennial Park campgrounds then south another 18km to the town of Hay lakes too

So 65km of trails in Miinistik and 18 km south to haylakes & 18km back makes for about 102km of trails

But once south of ministik you can ride forever (just not in Strathcona County - $230.00 per sled ticket)

Enjoy the trails

Gotta luv the County of Strathcona, they promote healthy living as long as you dont leave the confines of your couch.....

Top Bottom