Minimum job standard's,how low would you go?

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, I recently went for a job interview at a plant that has been running for many year's
and there is approx 30 people that work there full time.There is no running water (so,no
flushing toilet of course),coffee room/office is a 20-30 year old portable atco trailer with a
falling down ceiling and no flooring. (there is a porta potie on premisis though)
(The picture i'm painting here is if I had a dog,I wouldn't let him go in there to take a crap on the floor.)
So........... my question is,how many of you work or have worked in places like described above,and how desperate for work were you to work in such a place?
PS .This is a Big Company,not a mom and pop operation.

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some times ya gotta do what you gotta do to pay the bills. If I end up out of work (a very real possibility with the NDP Alberta) I will do whatever it takes to keep making the house payment...

When stuff picks up again in 4 years when Alberta has hit hot rock bottom and the next government elected makes it right for oil and gas to be profitable, then we can start picking and choosing...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, I recently went for a job interview at a plant that has been running for many year's
and there is approx 30 people that work there full time.There is no running water (so,no
flushing toilet of course),coffee room/office is a 20-30 year old portable atco trailer with a
falling down ceiling and no flooring. (there is a porta potie on premisis though)
(The picture i'm painting here is if I had a dog,I wouldn't let him go in there to take a crap on the floor.)
So........... my question is,how many of you work or have worked in places like described above,and how desperate for work were you to work in such a place?
i would say it Is totally up to you, doubt they will install a potty just for you! lol, you get to decide if your hungry enough, have been in worse!

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would do what I had to in order to pay the morgage

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I suppose it depends on the individual. I came from very humble beginnings, so it doesn't much matter to me what I do, or the working conditions. I NEED to work to support myself, my family, and my sledding habit, so no job is beneath me...

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess if you have lots of coin in the bank you can afford to be picky, if not, well, suck it up buttercup!

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Skip the coffee breaks and you won't need the Porta potties as often, both problems solved lol.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd spread pig **** with a spoon if it kept food on the table for the kids.Worked out of seacan before, cut the bottom out of a 5 gallon oil pail

Currently rebuilding a hog barn that burnt down. Sometimes you do what you gotta do....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 366
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 367

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran a ad in lyodminster looking for workers this summer. Didn't get one response. Now I know what I did wrong. Should have said I had flush toilets and air conditioning in the lunch room.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and i got s7yt from management at work because i left 1 of the 3 toilet seats up, guess if you have to crap in a barrel you won't have worry about the other side getting mad

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, some of you guy's that are being "hater's" are telling me that having water at a plant
where a guy spend 12 hour's working is being picky? Really?
If this place was just being built I would totally understand,but it's been running for a MANY YEAR'S
So, I'll ask a question of the guy's that are telling me to suck it up.
How many of you work at a completed facility that doesn't have water.....................................
Deaner,tell me about the place that you work that doesn't have water or a ****ter..................

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've worked in the field where all I had all day was a thermos and lunchbox. But anywhere with a permanent location has always had running water. I'd do what I had to if I was desperate but if there's other places I'd be headed there. I'd be interested to hear the name of this place if you want to pm me.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, some of you guy's that are being "hater's" are telling me that having water at a plant
where a guy spend 12 hour's working is being picky? Really?
If this place was just being built I would totally understand,but it's been running for a MANY YEAR'S
So, I'll ask a question of the guy's that are telling me to suck it up.
How many of you work at a completed facility that doesn't have water.....................................
Deaner,tell me about the place that you work that doesn't have water or a ****ter..................

Don't know what your getting at here. You applied for a job but don't like the amenities. So move along. Is the situation a health hazard? If so report it or is it just not up to your standards? No wonder we have tfws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom