Active VIP Member
Reaction score

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The Fuel stuff is way better, its brushless and has a few upgrades. I have both the regular vacuum and the fuel and the fuel is way better. I have the other one I can sell as we dont use it. The fuel one also has the quick disconnect system on the base and top where the cheaper one doesnt.

KMS has spot sales on Milwaukee tools but cannot advertise them less than a mrsp that Milwaukee dictates.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
The Fuel stuff is way better, its brushless and has a few upgrades. I have both the regular vacuum and the fuel and the fuel is way better. I have the other one I can sell as we dont use it. The fuel one also has the quick disconnect system on the base and top where the cheaper one doesnt.

KMS has spot sales on Milwaukee tools but cannot advertise them less than a mrsp that Milwaukee dictates.
I use your phone number when I go to KMS so I don't know if that gets you points or what, but I do that.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone on here have the m18 weedwacker and if so have your put a brush blade on it, or is it even possible?

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They make one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240604_104414_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240604_104414_Chrome.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 45

Jobu

Reaction score
Does anyone on here have the m18 weedwacker and if so have your put a brush blade on it, or is it even possible?
I have the brushcutter attachment for the quiklok weed whacker. It works fairly well but I would consider it light duty. Good for branches up to about 1". Anything more and I'm over at the neighbors borrowing his gas powered stihl. This is one where there's a noticeable difference in power between gas and battery, the stihl is way more powerful. Could be the blade though, the milwaukee brush cutter has a weird four blade system where as the stihl uses the skillsaw style blade.

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the brushcutter attachment for the quiklok weed whacker. It works fairly well but I would consider it light duty. Good for branches up to about 1". Anything more and I'm over at the neighbors borrowing his gas powered stihl. This is one where there's a noticeable difference in power between gas and battery, the stihl is way more powerful. Could be the blade though, the milwaukee brush cutter has a weird four blade system where as the stihl uses the skillsaw style
The skill saw blade is what I would like to mount on it. I ordered the new style weed wacker today, it’s the one where the brushless motor is mounted at the head of the unit.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here tried or have the 4.5-5 inch fuel angle grinder with paddle switch? If so how does it measure up against say my old makita 3/8 corded 1. Looking at getting 1 for the shop tool rebuild.

1717903007632.png

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here tried or have the 4.5-5 inch fuel angle grinder with paddle switch? If so how does it measure up against say my old makita 3/8 corded 1. Looking at getting 1 for the shop tool rebuild.

View attachment 284172
If you do lots of grinding, heavy grindind they have a hard time keeping up with corded ones. However if you need them more for zip cut work in precarious situations, they are awesome.

They run okay for light duty stuff with the 5amp batteries. But soon as you lean into them they over draw on the battery and it shuts down. The new Forge 6.0 batteries are the best so far for using on grinders, none of the other M18 batteries even come close for runtime and power. Not even the POS 12.0 batteries. And the Forges are less expensive than the 12.0's. To boot.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you do lots of grinding, heavy grindind they have a hard time keeping up with corded ones. However if you need them more for zip cut work in precarious situations, they are awesome.

They run okay for light duty stuff with the 5amp batteries. But soon as you lean into them they over draw on the battery and it shuts down. The new Forge 6.0 batteries are the best so far for using on grinders, none of the other M18 batteries even come close for runtime and power. Not even the POS 12.0 batteries. And the Forges are less expensive than the 12.0's. To boot.

Agreed. Haven't run a cordless grinder of any brand that can keep up with the corded variants. The new Dewalt Flexvolts are probably the closest I've tried.

But they do have their purpose.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No heavy grinding just a DIY'r nice to have a cordless grinder for various projects in my arsenal, for cutting, sharpening, grinding light duty metals if need be. I have to agree though the new Forge batts are the bomb and would only need the 6.0 to run on most HD tools. That will be my next purchase as well is 1 of those as they are still a bit pricey. Got a good price quote on the grinder though so i think i will grab 1 as they are up there as well. Saw the tests on batts and HD tools on TT channel was very good as well, slowly have converted batts to HO's and will likely end up owning a 2 of those forge's soon enough. Thanks for the reply.:)

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Can't even keep up with the various tech on these batts, check out the newest Forge line of batts.

What are the key differences between the MX Fuel Forge XC8.0 and HD12.0 battery packs?​

• Capacity: The MX Fuel Forge XC8.0 has a higher capacity than the MX Fuel Forge HD12.0. The XC8.0 has a capacity of 8.0Ah, while the HD12.0 has a capacity of 12.0Ah.
  • Runtime: The MX Fuel Forge XC8.0 has a longer runtime than the MX Fuel Forge HD12.0. The XC8.0 has up to 33% more runtime than the XC6.0, while the HD12.0 has up to 2x more runtime than the XC8.0.
  • Cool-Cycle Capability: Both the MX Fuel Forge XC8.0 and HD12.0 have COOL-CYCLE capability, which provides high-speed cooling for less downtime.
  • Charging Time: The MX Fuel Forge XC8.0 charges in 45 minutes to 100% with the MX FUEL Super Charger, while the HD12.0 charging time is not specified.
  • Protection: Both the MX Fuel Forge XC8.0 and HD12.0 have the best protection from jobsite, weather, and environmental conditions, with features like ONE-KEY compatibility, Bluetooth tracking, and remote lockout capability.
In Summary:
The MX Fuel Forge XC8.0 has a higher capacity and longer runtime than the MX Fuel Forge HD12.0, but the HD12.0 has a higher capacity and longer runtime than the XC8.0. Both batteries have COOL-CYCLE capability and similar protection features. The charging time of the HD12.0 is not specified, but the XC8.0 charges in 45 minutes to 100% with the MX FUEL Super Charger.

1717949387476.png

1717949630712.png

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I was thinking of getting one to try out when I was at Edmonton Fasteners last week, didn't go there as I already spent $270 on other things, ended up getting way more as I got free small pack out case for spending more than $200 then the rep was extra nice and gave me an additional big one, he brought it to my van and clicked it in to my existing stuff. Maybe Ill wait till there at KMS next.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting one to try out when I was at Edmonton Fasteners last week, didn't go there as I already spent $270 on other things, ended up getting way more as I got free small pack out case for spending more than $200 then the rep was extra nice and gave me an additional big one, he brought it to my van and clicked it in to my existing stuff. Maybe Ill wait till there at KMS next.
The way i understand it is these would be for very high application tools, the Genset, threader etc.. as they are tabless as well interesting. Not everyone has them either as some i see you can backorder, here is a Can website with stock/pricing. Doubt i will be running anything that high demanding for the time i have left lol! "Beware very Pricey" for the 8.0/12.0

https://www.atlas-machinery.com/milwaukee/mil-mxfhd812/

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

View attachment 284172
The absolute cheapest corded grinder has twice the power and RPM of this one. I use my Milwaukee a ton at work, but if you have more than 30 seconds of use planned, definitely go with corded. I forget how much of a toy they are until I dig out a real grinder.

FanaticalKilla

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The absolute cheapest corded grinder has twice the power and RPM of this one. I use my Milwaukee a ton at work, but if you have more than 30 seconds of use planned, definitely go with corded. I forget how much of a toy they are until I dig out a real grinder.
They are the cats ass in a service truck. Need to weld something or take the rust/paint off something. I love mine personally. If your going to be grinding for a while. Stretch out a cord with a real grinder.

I think I'll be upgrading to forge batteries for my next round of batteries.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As everyone says for convenience and a quick job the cordless grinders are great but if you're doing anything more than that go get the corded makita 5" rat tail.

Top Bottom