Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a waste of money I think

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This has to be one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time. Sounds like a great way for the gov to waste more money we don't have.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i love the clandestine comments.... does anyone have a dictionary?........ Sledders are supposed to be smarter than the average bear!!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Isn't research intriguing? As the dude from McGill points out with regards to the tight budget of $550,000 it may be possible.

All the nay sayers have trouble seeing into the future and the need for something like that. Those Inuit would love a silent sled
to sneak up on a few caribou/seals/bears/walrus now and again!

I can just imagine the grin on a toothless, bright-eyed, senior quietly going across the tundra in search of whatever.....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can bet BRP will be all over that. They are currently working on battery technology for ATV'S if I remember correctly from a magazine article I read. $550g might be easy pickens' for them if they have already invested considerable capital towards this project already. Not so sure it will work in a sled as weight is a huge consideration in deep snow and the cold weather is not user friendly for battery technology either.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
You can bet BRP will be all over that. They are currently working on battery technology for ATV'S if I remember correctly from a magazine article I read. $550g might be easy pickens' for them if they have already invested considerable capital towards this project already. Not so sure it will work in a sled as weight is a huge consideration in deep snow and the cold weather is not user friendly for battery technology either.

That snow up there is so friggin' hard there will hardly be any marks left behind.....silent motor and no tracks; couldn't get better surveillance than that!

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't research intriguing? As the dude from McGill points out with regards to the tight budget of $550,000 it may be possible.

All the nay sayers have trouble seeing into the future and the need for something like that. Those Inuit would love a silent sled
to sneak up on a few caribou/seals/bears/walrus now and again!

I can just imagine the grin on a toothless, bright-eyed, senior quietly going across the tundra in search of whatever.....
HAHA I pictured some Inuit with a big grin sneaking up on something like you said. I never thought of that! Where is it that theirs wars and snow? just wondering

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of the stock yammis have track noise louder than their engines.......quiet doesn't cut it for stealth any more, heat signature and radar invisibility way more important these days. Maybe disguise it as a polar bear....Oh wait, that'd get shot at too.......

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Stealth Snowmobile? What about the partying and everything that comes with it? I think trying to sneak across a border with a bunch of retards running around shooting fireworks off and screaming and stuff would be pretty obvious..

Last edited:

Rhino Rick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like it .... too funny. I think the track spin would still be pretty noisy. It is cheaper that planes as stated but not very practical imo.

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bit of a waste but on the plus side military technologies always find their way over to civilian stuff. if they are going electric they will be worried about driveline power loss, and if they figure out a more efficient transmission system or way to power the track that wastes less energy thats good cause it will eventually find its way to our sleds, so we can put more power to the ground.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is going to be a large issue between canada and russia in a few years, russia is now claiming part of canadas arctic as their own, its full of resources and soon to be north west passage. but i think we may need more warships before sleds

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sign me up when they come up with get me unstuck by myself hover model

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is going to be a large issue between canada and russia in a few years, russia is now claiming part of canadas arctic as their own, its full of resources and soon to be north west passage. but i think we may need more warships before sleds

You are right. The question is..........when we sneak up on them with our stealth snowmobiles then what do we do with them? Beat them over the heads with some old rotor blades off a crashed Sea King helicopter?

Top Bottom