Mileage after New top end

Pinebeatle

Reaction score
First time doing Top end, is it normal to get not so great gas mileage t'll rings seat?? Or is it something else? Many thanks-- Have a Great XMas :p

Pinebeatle

Reaction score
That sounds a little strange.
My sons sled, he went through a tank while I only burnt 1/2 a tank, Got the sled cheap and did a top end and dont know what miliege it was gettin before the top end? Its got 145 compresion each cylinder :confused:

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah that doesn't quite seem right but ski doo has always had really good gas mileage, just keep checking your engine for irregular wear

Pinebeatle

Reaction score
Yeah that doesn't quite seem right but ski doo has always had really good gas mileage, just keep checking your engine for irregular wear
Sled runs great-plugs where a little wet but I was running oil in the tank for first run. Jetting?? Dont know to much about that but thanks for the input :p

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you think it is jetting, watch for black snow under the exhaust after you idle for a few minutes on the hill or a cloud of black when you leave from sitting for a couple of minutes. there is better ways of checking jetting but this is a quick way to check if sled is running a little rich.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 02's were the worst on fuel due to the non hooded needle jet i believe. The 03's were better but still sucked the fuel back. That doesn't surprise me that it burned that much more than your HCR. My 02 zx 151 would consistantly burn 1/2 a tank more than my buddies 06 rev 151. There were times that i would burn my whole tank plus a 25L jerry can and he would touch his jerry can until i ran out on the way down.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
02's were really bad on fuel and the 03's were a little better but still not great.

Top Bottom