Mexico

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ever been here? Its a fun place to get drunk if ur into that

Just off the coast of cancun. Golf carts, tacos and drinks in a coconut

View attachment 268886
We rented a private catamaran eight of us. My brother got the boat captain so drunk that I end up driving the giant boat home. guzzling Captain Morgan from eight in the morning till 11 pm. Pitch black I just headed to the hotel with the square hole in it. One of the best islands I’ve ever been to. Lol.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never stayed there just went there on a tour from the main land. Was pretty sweet there. Awesome beaches. Looked like a cool spot to stay.
If you stay there hit the beaches somewhat early to get a good spot before all the tourists come over from the mainland on the ferries and fill them up. For sure rent a golf cart and go tour the island especially the south end it's gorgeous. Avoid the main restaurant strip it's mostly overpriced and crappy American/Canadian food. Find a hole in the wall taco stand instead.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you stay there hit the beaches somewhat early to get a good spot before all the tourists come over from the mainland on the ferries and fill them up. For sure rent a golf cart and go tour the island especially the south end it's gorgeous. Avoid the main restaurant strip it's mostly overpriced and crappy American/Canadian food. Find a hole in the wall taco stand instead.

Find the hole in the walls the best. Mazatlan better for that kinda thing. Not as much in Cancun. Bought tequila there from a guy that grew up in bc. He moved to that island.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Huatulco gets my vote... it's not commercialized like the big resort towns. It's still old Mexico :)
Sayulita is a good place too... We were in Puerto Vallarta, stayed at the Bocello in Feb. Beautiful place.
Have been all over Mexico, about 30 times now

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those beach patios in Sayulita are wicked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got married there back in 2009, sure has changed a lot since then. Been 3 times and always stayed at playa Escondida, wicked little resort.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here’s an all inclusive you might want to pass on.

Attachments

• 6D29E950-0140-457F-88FE-DF6D58147C85.png
    6D29E950-0140-457F-88FE-DF6D58147C85.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 141

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just arrived at the rui Palace in PV
It has been closed for reno’s for 7 months.

It opened 4 days ago. Very nice and looks great. Also very quiet here right now and not many people.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It opened 4 days ago. Very nice and looks great. Also very quiet here right now and not many people.
Stayed there a few years ago. It was decent then. I bet it’s really nice now.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Maybe everyone is crossing the southern US border?

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody here done Domincan resort instead of Mexico? Looking at it as a possible option for Feb.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did Bahia Principe Grand Cayacoa on the Samana Peninsula back in Jan of 2019. We had no desire to do Puerto Plata, Punta Cana, or anything anywhere close to Santo Domingo, so went there. We did tour some of the Peninsula, Las Galeras is nice and has some Europeans and Canadians that call it home during the winter. Rincon beach is really nice to visit. Samana is still fairly undeveloped in terms of tourist amenities, which I like but not everyone does.

For a budget trip we were pretty impressed. Only thing is Samana was only available via Toronto, which adds considerably to travel time.

Top Bottom