Mexico Cartels

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent seen it just all the signs along the highway
Im not a smoker but do still have 3 mason jars from my 4 plant quota from last year

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, those are the kind of laws i think we all want enforced. Dont murder, and dont steal my chit.

Seems to me governments like to murder and use force to steal stuff. They are a cartel.

Just more of a fight for whos in charge in mexico. The liberal cartel pretty much has total control over this country...
Yeah the liberal cartel Is playing like an oil field company. Making moves for the 100 year long game. They’ve got their tentacles in everything from small councils to media and education. Crazy times

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've been following Ed Calderon for the past couple of years now. Interesting dude and gives a good insight on what the cartels are doing and how/why they do it. If you think the Mexican government is going to do anything about the cartels, you're mistaken. The cartels run mexico and its government, the like the mob runs Russia. The politicians/police/military just get their cut for helping them out. I remember asking Ed on a livestream what the biggest misconception about the cartels are, he said that they run globally and are far more sophisticated than they appear. They're buying a ton of chinese made chemicals for their fentanyl/opioid drugs too.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I can never go back to Mexico, it is the garbage dump of the world and oh ya I guess seeing 4 people murdered right in front of me in Cancun by the cartel is a bit of a turn off, life changing moment for my family, never been so scared for our lives and wondered if we were gonna make it home, to this day we can't imagine going there ever again and its been a couple years since it happened. Also if you google how many people are killed in Mexico every year it is astounding combined with how many young girls are kidnapped there to feed the sex trade, crazy high numbers. Every little booth that you go shopping in for the trinkets is a cartel booth and they are constantly scoping out tourists for whatever they want, more than half of the police are cartel and also the politicians, if something happens to you when you are there, you are on your own pretty much, trust NO ONE. The day after our murdering incident, 8 people were murdered in retaliation, 1 cop, 1 gov"t official and a different random murder of a white 50 year old tourist was found on the beach in front of his resort with his head smashed in. There is so many murders in Mexico that it is as common as breathing, they don't talk about it because it is so rampant and they cannot keep up with the overwhelming deaths, I feel sorry for the innocent people there but they can have their sunshine and beaches, life is too short for us to ever go back, there is so many other places in the world to see and we will happily go elsewhere.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can never go back to Mexico, it is the garbage dump of the world and oh ya I guess seeing 4 people murdered right in front of me in Cancun by the cartel is a bit of a turn off, life changing moment for my family, never been so scared for our lives and wondered if we were gonna make it home, to this day we can't imagine going there ever again and its been a couple years since it happened. Also if you google how many people are killed in Mexico every year it is astounding combined with how many young girls are kidnapped there to feed the sex trade, crazy high numbers. Every little booth that you go shopping in for the trinkets is a cartel booth and they are constantly scoping out tourists for whatever they want, more than half of the police are cartel and also the politicians, if something happens to you when you are there, you are on your own pretty much, trust NO ONE. The day after our murdering incident, 8 people were murdered in retaliation, 1 cop, 1 gov"t official and a different random murder of a white 50 year old tourist was found on the beach in front of his resort with his head smashed in. There is so many murders in Mexico that it is as common as breathing, they don't talk about it because it is so rampant and they cannot keep up with the overwhelming deaths, I feel sorry for the innocent people there but they can have their sunshine and beaches, life is too short for us to ever go back, there is so many other places in the world to see and we will happily go elsewhere.
Thats a scary story Paul. You were very lucky. This can happen in big US cities as well but they just shoot you down there. They don't hack off your head and hang it from street lights. Police in the US investigate murders as well. In Mexico there are so many they just gave up.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about the mask laws?
Inforcing laws to wear something that is basically does nothing to stop a virus...what a joke. Even the health care workers are not wearing the proper equipement. Shows you have deadly this virus really is, backed by 1.5 years of stats that everyone choose to ignore, in favor of fear mongering.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Cool story. I will never go to Mexico either.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool story. I will never go to Mexico either.
That’s a crazy story. I’ve either been very lucky or you were very unlucky. I’ve been to Mexico couple dozen times. Never seen anything bad happen to anyone besides crashing scooters etc. Partying and getting drunk smoking pot on beaches. Pretty much just hanging out wherever we want. I’ve always gone in groups of five males five females. Maybe that helped us a bit. My new fun spot has been Jamaica. I find Jamaica twice as scary as Mexico so I walk on eggshells while in Jamaica. In Jamaica we definitely don’t go out at night much. Definitely the key to travel is never let your guard down

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The way i look at it if I can find the amenities, the beaches, the scenery in say Hawaii why would I go to a chit hole country and have to watch my back all the time. Years ago we went to a ski doo dealer meeting in Acupulco. Holy crap. Major cartel city. Cops wearing masks busting down doors downtown. Resort we stayed at was beautiful but entry into it had to go through armed guards with AR's. Same with backside when you left the property to get on a public beach. At the airport when we got there there were cop cars everywhere at the airport entrance. Bus driver said Cartel and cops had a shoot out an hour ago. 5 Bodies under blue tarps. 2 cops and 3 cartel members. Looked at the wife and said...what the fack have we got ourselves into? Lol

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a guy who witnessed one of the cartel shootings. He was in the car beside

If you go to the 14:14 minute mark you can see the shooting that happened in front of Paul. He was in the white vehicle right behind the car. When he got back I jokingly asked him if he survived his trip and he asked “ how did you know” and I asked know what? Then he told me his story. Crazy!!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It’s called the Narco Riveria W5 if the link doesn’t work.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I feel that my story is definitely not the norm but with so much unrest there you have to imagine that anything can happen at any time, our situation was in broad daylight in front of a popular tourist mall and the scary thing is that you are helpless, and unlike many places in the world you would think that the police would be your savior not someone that will tip you off to the cartel because of what you saw or did. We have been to Mexico many times as well but no more, life is too short.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do you go then? Everywhere has issues. We had all our stuff stolen from us in Hawaii. Felt like we were in a safe US city up untll that point and then I hated every Hawaiian for a few days

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Everywhere has problems no doubt but no where has the dynamic of Mexico with the cartel, it is unique because of the major amounts of people involved, yes there are gangs etc everywhere but no where has the same percentage of people per 100 that are involved in a war against whomever they want. The cartel starts training from childhood and they have no conscience about killing people, to them it has been taught that it is acceptable if it gets the end result and that is scary, when the dude shot and killed 4 people in the truck he looked as cool as a cucumber, like it was a shooting game at the arcade for a prize, dunno this is my opinion, I have been many places around the world and Mexico scares the hell outta me.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Costa Rica is nice. I'm sure if you went to the wrong area you could find trouble, but it is nice and clean in the couple places I have been there.

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a scary story Paul. You were very lucky. This can happen in big US cities as well but they just shoot you down there. They don't hack off your head and hang it from street lights. Police in the US investigate murders as well. In Mexico there are so many they just gave up.
Don't underestimate the Harris/Biden administration.

Top Bottom