Meteor Mine Hill Climb!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's that time again! It'll be my first time at this event, so I'm pretty stoked!

February 12th will be the Meteor mine hill climb. The Nelson Snogoers will have signage etc up marking the trail in to this event. Great event for the family! Hot Dogs, Hot chocolate.. a little bit of carnage...

Do you feel adventurous?... come enter the event!

I'll post up more information asap. If any peeps have pics of past events please post em up.

Have a wicked day!

Momma :)

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where's Meteor Mine?

access from slocan valley, or 6 miles north east of nelson.....in terms of signing up just show up to the climb early and its super easy to sign up....

oler i think there is a 600 stock, 700 stock and 800 stock .....then there is a mod class as well for turbos, 1000's etc. pretty informal in terms of hill climb events... for example if you got an 800 with a pipe you will be considered stock i belive. last year there was a womans class, but i think the only one to do it was powderpilot on an m8 turbo, and she should have just run with the boys cause she had a VERY good time.
there is a bit of a snocross track that you have to navigate before the actual climb. that is usually where the event is won and lost. definitly is an event that as more to do with the rider rather then the sled.
its a pretty good time that benefits the local riding club, i belive you have to pay a trail pass to get up there as well.....

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I will see everyone there forsure! lookin forward to it I love riding the west koots!!!! so what road is the staging area for this hillclimb

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
access from slocan valley, or 6 miles north east of nelson.....in terms of signing up just show up to the climb early and its super easy to sign up....

oler i think there is a 600 stock, 700 stock and 800 stock .....then there is a mod class as well for turbos, 1000's etc. pretty informal in terms of hill climb events... for example if you got an 800 with a pipe you will be considered stock i belive. last year there was a womans class, but i think the only one to do it was powderpilot on an m8 turbo, and she should have just run with the boys cause she had a VERY good time.
there is a bit of a snocross track that you have to navigate before the actual climb. that is usually where the event is won and lost. definitly is an event that as more to do with the rider rather then the sled.
its a pretty good time that benefits the local riding club, i belive you have to pay a trail pass to get up there as well.....

Hi yup that is pretty much the class structure. Don't think we're doing a Ladies class per say, but there is a Vet's class (40 and up) Should be a great family time. Draws and 50 50 tickets sold. Part of the money raised go to a local charity in Nelson. Awesome to give back to the community. Thanks Clark! I'm pretty stoked to be involved with this event! Last year I was getting married, so we weren't able to make it!

Dragin

Reaction score
Wish we had more notice I've wanted to go to this since I saw it on Follow Cam but it never lands on my days off... Except this year dam.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wish we had more notice I've wanted to go to this since I saw it on Follow Cam but it never lands on my days off... Except this year dam.

you got 10 days,,, get er done hahha,,, grab seekers trailer and head out!!!!

mpol

Reaction score
Historically the meteor hillclimb is the second sunday in february every year

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks Clarky, but I don't think my time was very good... I did take a shortcut though, that might have shaved off a second or two.

There is a woman's class again this year, I'm trying to wrangle up some competition for this year's race, so pass it on!!!! I'm lining up a stock sled to race against the gals, and will maybe run my turbo with the big boys... We'll see. I'd like to take a shot at one of the bigger climbs too... Weather, conditions and first tracks permitting.

The HTR crew will be there with hair straight back!!! Let climbing season begin WOOT WOOT!!!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It should be a good time. I'm going to bring my little guys up. They will be the ones selling 50/50 tickets. There will be awesome draws for prizes as well. If anyone has room for a rugrat with them let me know!

Lots of hard work and planning from the Nelson Sno-Goers Snowmobile club has gone into organizing this event. We'd ask that everyone stay off the fresh groomed trails before the event.

Thank you!!

Momma :)

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL try close to 7 hrs, 6.5 if you are really stupid or if you have skis on the roof rack. They need a lot more snow to make it worth the drive IMO. Only reporting 6 ft at 6500 ft elevation, that might leave lots of rocks exposed at the Mine. Pops was up Snowater and said that there is stuff still poking out.

Top Bottom