March 2013 Snow Conditons

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My turn to start one! Ride Safe everyone, March is starting off deep!

Attachments

• Renshaw Feb. 27, 2013 #1.jpg
    Renshaw Feb. 27, 2013 #1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,085
  • Renshaw Feb. 27, 2013 #2.jpg
    Renshaw Feb. 27, 2013 #2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,098
  • Renshaw Feb. 27, 2013 #3.jpg
    Renshaw Feb. 27, 2013 #3.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,086
Last edited:

Mayfly

Reaction score
Yeah had to drive home the night of the blizzard. All I can say is I am still blind from all the Alberta clowns with their driving lights on. Between trying to pick out the yellow lines and the white out conditions and of course my fellow Albertans driving with all the lights on. Come on guys quit being so ignorant. When you are following someone why have your driving lights on?Turn off the lights, it isn't hard to do, but seeing all the lifted trucks driving around during the day with them on, one would think, are they that stunned.

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg
We have been riding for 2 days and going up the Renshaw again today. It has not stopped snowing. There is safe to say 2 plus feet as of last night and im thinking over night it has gotten deeper. I will post more pics after todays ride. Im jealous for those that will be riding the upcoming week.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 1,015
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 1,022
Last edited:

cat pride 2009

Reaction score
Group of us heading to Mcbride March 8th for 3 days of riding sadly only the first ride of the year for me :(

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to Hotrod and another 12" of new snow fell last night and was still snowing when he left!!! First part of trail not great, battling the elements again, +2 degrees and rain up till 12km then turned to snow, but -5 up top and paradise!!! Cooling off this week, will harden things back up!

Last edited:

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow was awesome sunday. We were all sore, and tired so we just found some meadows and played in the flats. An honest 2 feet and more in the trees. More then enough to play everyone out and empty everyones fuel tanks. Wish i could ride all this week coming up. Only 20 trailers in renshaw parking lot sunday instead of 75 saturday. Sun poked its nose out for about half the day yesterday. Anyone travelling through jasper to mcbride take care coming through as the roads are not in the best shape due to a heavy snowfall on the weekend.
Jay

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 924
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 925

mountain_tamer

Reaction score
This is great. We are heading out tonight. We have rode McBride a few times.
Can someone tell me how to get into butterfly again its been a while since we have been there

tmurphy

Reaction score
Anybody riding tomorrow (Thursday) that wouldn't mind a guy tagging along? Experienced with all the necessary gear. The rest of my group isn't arriving until tomorrow night.

cat pride 2009

Reaction score
Hey Man our group is riding Mcbride all weekend we should hook up for a ride or two. We finally got Kodys throttle fixed hes much better know that hes not always out of control LOL...

tmurphy

Reaction score
Awesome. Going to head to Renshaw tomorrow with Leadfoot33 if i get there in time. What are your plans?
Hey Man our group is riding Mcbride all weekend we should hook up for a ride or two. We finally got Kodys throttle fixed hes much better know that hes not always out of control LOL...

mountain_tamer

Reaction score
Had a great ride today. We were the only ones up in Bell today. Had a great ride found lots of untouched in the trees and burn area.
Just wanted to say we were disappointed. We found two beer cans and an empty pack of smokes on the top by a little stone statue someone built.
Just wanted to throw that out there. We did take their garbage out. But really if you pack in full beer how hard is it to pack ought empty ones.
Well there's my rant. Other than that great ride

Top Bottom