March 2013 Snow Conditons

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
MORE snow overnight. -5 this morning with no wind and big fluffy flakes coming down. Mountains are pretty well socked in so visability wont be that great. My guests tell me that the snow in Renshaw on Friday was over the hood in many places. We just need those clouds to lift a bit so the sun can come out.

Last edited:

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And over the hood it was Judy!!! Dropped over the saddle today(I'll admit it wasn't the best decision we've made considering it was white-out) and the meadows and chutes provided 3ft of heaven. But a great way to end off a 10 day trip!! Who ever gets the sun with this snow will not be disappointed!! Higgins.

Attachments

• Renshaw Mar. 16 2013 006.jpg
    Renshaw Mar. 16 2013 006.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 566
  • Renshaw Mar. 16 2013 007.jpg
    Renshaw Mar. 16 2013 007.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 581
  • Renshaw Mar. 16 2013 008.jpg
    Renshaw Mar. 16 2013 008.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 572
  • Renshaw Mar. 16 2013 009.jpg
    Renshaw Mar. 16 2013 009.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 570
  • Renshaw Mar. 16 2013 010.jpg
    Renshaw Mar. 16 2013 010.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 576
Last edited:

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode mcbride today snow was over the hood all day and blue sky mostly, just a heads up to everyone we had one big hill slide, luckily he was able to out run it and it was a wind loaded slab about 3 feet deep that broke off about 300-400 feet long, and lots of big slabs breaking off, ride safe out there! Expically after all this fresh snow

schoooled dweeb

Reaction score
if you got to ride the Renshaw Tuesday 19 Mar 2013...u would have had an epic day
Bluebird....a foot plus of freshies everywhere..over the hood kinda snow
other sledders were done early cause they didn't bring enough gas...they burnt it all
by keeping the throttle wide open in the deep stuff..fun fun fun...i still can't keep the smile off my face
a couple of guys broke into the backside but they didn't go thru the saddle...they went over via the one to the right of the saddle
therefore lots of untouched in the backside
guys getting stuck...guys burning all their fuel...blue sky...EPIC
BTW the snow level at the cabin....the snow is as high as the bottom of the roof...NICE
and with weather 4cast 4 this wknd.....YOU'D BE RETARDED to stay at home this wknd...just sayin'
Sunny FRI SAT and Sun...or so as it says as of tuesday night/wed morning

Last edited:

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We dropped in the saddle yesterday and went down the step ladder into the meadows. And went way back. Only sleds out that way. We laid a pile of tracks out back. But still lots. We came back out through Avy alley. Which slid the day before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schoooled dweeb

Reaction score
@LinkTank my mistake...I thought the saddle was..see pic...there were no tracks visible on the front side when i left at 3pm local time yesterday

Snow was awesome..FORECAST...is UNBELIEVABLE...cause u know they lie-->weathermen...LOL
coming back Friday and saturday

BRAAP BRAAP

Attachments

• renshaw saddle QUESTION.jpg
    renshaw saddle QUESTION.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 308

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol. Well we went through both of those. Where you indicate the saddle is avalanche alley. And to the right is I believe the saddle which you shoot up through and drop down the step ladder (or some call it the elevator). Who knows. But yes snow was great! And nobody has gone the direction of spirit lake since this last dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are headed to Spirit lake on Sat
blue and deep is all I am asking for and no other sleds around for mmiles guess I better head for the trees
birdie

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the weather actually doing up there. It is a complete white out in Edmonton right now.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
What is the weather actually doing up there. It is a complete white out in Edmonton right now.

Thats probably the same weather system that came through here Tuesday evening. Lots of snow and wind. Today was sunny and calm. I havent heard how much we got at the higher elevations, but I think there will be some very happy sledders this weekend.

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Renshaw yesterday(friday) and it was awesome. There were no tracks at all anywhere when we got up there at about 9am. went in through anthills and around to the meadows and back over through the saddle. about a foot new snow. Was sunny overhead but looking grey all around us threatning snow but never did. Was a total blast and was a treat breaking trail all day! Glad we did the Friday ride instead of Sat or Sunday!

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with the mild temps this week what will the conditions be for the weekend. Will you still be able to ride from the parking lot at renshaw?

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We road the Renshaw for two days Sat & Sunday with Blue sky and untracked snow back by Spirit Lake
We left a little for whom ever
Front two valleys are used up pretty much
Parking lot is still really good and at least a week or more of riding from the top parking lot

The Trail was AWESOME up and down as it stayed cold this weekend
Snow is set up spring snow Past the worm hole is still got good riding
1-2 ft of set up snow
birdie
;)

Top Bottom