Mandatory helmut law?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it , but there are some really stupid parents who IMO need a law to protect their children !
Case in point:
Aug. long two children approx. 8 and 10 riding down Main Street Nordegg with no helmets and no adult supervision. It's a zoo on a long weekend , with wall to wall trailers, motorcycles and tourists. For some parents it would appear that they now have a four wheel baby sitter.
Rant over

I agree a law on helmets is required.

Some parents don't think

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe the kids snuck the quad out. parents may have not known?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Are helmuts required in machines with roll over protection or are helmuts only required on quads and bikes?

all of the above, at least in Parkland County.... I called the officer there a few years back and asked for clarification.

honda75

Reaction score
I hate to say it , but there are some really stupid parents who IMO need a law to protect their children !
Case in point:
Aug. long two children approx. 8 and 10 riding down Main Street Nordegg with no helmets and no adult supervision. It's a zoo on a long weekend , with wall to wall trailers, motorcycles and tourists. For some parents it would appear that they now have a four wheel baby sitter.
Rant over

First of all - charge the parents. Its already illegal to ride unsupervised if you are under 14. Why don't they enforce the rules they already have?

Important to note though - its been illegal for 10 years for anyone under 18 to ride a bicycle without a helmet. That law seemed to pass with no concerns at all. Funny that you can still ride a quad. Its a grey area, but its not your legal right to endanger your kid. I would put riding without a helmet in this category. Same as if a toddler drowns at the beach due to your lack of supervision.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First of all - charge the parents. Its already illegal to ride unsupervised if you are under 14. Why don't they enforce the rules they already have?

Important to note though - its been illegal for 10 years for anyone under 18 to ride a bicycle without a helmet. That law seemed to pass with no concerns at all. Funny that you can still ride a quad. Its a grey area, but its not your legal right to endanger your kid. I would put riding without a helmet in this category. Same as if a toddler drowns at the beach due to your lack of supervision.

I agree, I see these idiot parents walking their kids on bikes down the road with no helmets all the time... blind leading the future blind!

Personally, I wear a helmet for everything, I don't want to do anything that doesn't require a helmet, these activities are usually the most fun!

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Main reason honestly that i ride with a helmet is to keep the dust out of my eyes and the bugs out of my face going down the road lol.
The whole brain protection part is a side effect.

Every time i try to even go for a short ride and think its too hot for a helmet (obv with others)i regret it cuz i end up eating bugs/dust and getting dirt in my eyes

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be wearing a helmet at all times anyway. You may think yourself is invincible. But what about the people around you? If something happens what are your family and loved ones left to deal with? If you have kids how are they going to cope with a injured or dead parent? What about your friends or the people that have to help u if their was a accident? If you don't care about your own safety then try to care about the mental state of the people in your life

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be wearing a helmet at all times anyway. You may think yourself is invincible. But what about the people around you? If something happens what are your family and loved ones left to deal with? If you have kids how are they going to cope with a injured or dead parent? What about your friends or the people that have to help u if their was a accident? If you don't care about your own safety then try to care about the mental state of the people in your life

so you need a law to tell u to put a helmet on? I don't, and as an adult we usually can make our own decisions. common sense tells me to wear a helmet. too man stupid laws now, forced on us by do gooders, already voting stupid NDP.

linktel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two stupid people get together and have stupider kids. No helmet law would help to wean the dumb ones out of the herd.

SwampRatt

Reaction score
I've been involved with a few good friends being picked up by stars when they were wearing helmets, without a doubt saved their lives, and I preach helmets to whoever is riding with us regardless of their age or ignorance, but as soon as these NDP "saviours" say it I have a real problem for some reason. They may as well outlaw driving on the highway, what could be more dangerous than driving head on towards each other at 100km/h while 4' apart?

Top Bottom