Mandatory helmut law?

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading out on a trip next week and getting my ducks in a row. Insurance, Registration, Drivers licence etc.
Is there a new mandatory helmut law in Alberta? When does the law become in effect?

If there is, does it have to be DOT approved?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
it's being debated in legislature during the fall Sitting. Not Law, YET but I think it will be, might be the only Smart thing ol' Not-head does...... I'm guessing that YES it will have to be DOT approved when it does come into effect.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some counties have helmet laws so it depends where you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leduc county had had a helmet law long before Nutly and her gang of cackle thought of it.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting as many Areas have local laws but never tell people.

You have to research each area you ride to find specific answers.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Provincial law on helmets is a good idea.

Some in the USA and certain states are no two on a machine not designed as a 2 up.

Also no add on cages and rear seats allowed on a sxs.
Factory 4 seaters only allowed to have 4 people

I think atv rider age should be CC limited. With parent supervison. I have seen 11 year old kids on 800 renny's. That is a bit big of a machine.

Skegking

Reaction score
Camrose county it is not mandatory it's just encouraged . Smart to wear a helmet anyways stuff happens way too fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bradb

Reaction score
I don't agree Ray. My son is 13 and 6' tall 185 lbs and he should ride a 100 cc? He has been riding a renny 800 for a year and he can ride.i agree with the helmet law but Atv size should be up to parents.If he had to ride a small machine he would not have any interest in the sport anymore.
Provincial law on helmets is a good idea.

Some in the USA and certain states are no two on a machine not designed as a 2 up.

Also no add on cages and rears eats allowed on a sxs.
Factory 4 seaters only allowed to have 4 people

I think atv rider age should be CC limited. With parent supervison. I have seen 11 year old kids on 800 renny's. That is a bit big of a machine.

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure whatever comes out of this law change this fall will effect a lot of people.

Bradb maybe some kind decision on size by parent or something.

I have been out a lot this year riding saw some very small kids on big machines.

I am not sure exactly what the answer is.

bradb

Reaction score
I agree,some kids are just physically to small for the machine they are riding.It's just to difficult to draw the line on age and size of machine.
I am sure whatever comes out of this law change this fall will effect a lot of people.

I have been out a lot this year riding saw some very small kids on big machines.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

It's one thing if children are riding said machines with parents close at hand or riding along with them. What worries me is when you see those same children out riding on roads or trails with no adults in sight.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we don't need another law, decision should be up to parent. way to much government intervention now as it is.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Are helmuts required in machines with roll over protection or are helmuts only required on quads and bikes?

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it , but there are some really stupid parents who IMO need a law to protect their children !
Case in point:
Aug. long two children approx. 8 and 10 riding down Main Street Nordegg with no helmets and no adult supervision. It's a zoo on a long weekend , with wall to wall trailers, motorcycles and tourists. For some parents it would appear that they now have a four wheel baby sitter.
Rant over

Top Bottom