Major Ice buildup in carbs.. suggestions?

ZakAttack

Reaction score
I've got a 98 Summit 670X with stock intake system, and I've had the throttle get stuck on me once, and the carbs get stuck if I'm riding all day in decent powder...
I've been told to remove the airbox completely and put in a k&n.. but on the other hand I was told that the air would be warm coming in then and not be so good.
Anyone else experience this? The intake on this machine seems to be a joke..
Has anyone else made another filter?? would just a screen work?

Thanks!!

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get some flow-right prefilter material and wrap the foam in front of the handle bars and close the hoodvents off when in the deep stuff.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get some flow-right prefilter material and wrap the foam in front of the handle bars and close the hoodvents off when in the deep stuff.

i used to use duct tape and put isopropel in the gas, helped some. i'm thinking gas already has methanol in it.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a foam piece on the hood in front of the bars, and the opening in the hood meets up with the foam square on the top of the airbox, and the airbox has a little square piece on top. are all the foam pieces there? if the underhood piece on top of the airbox is badly deformed and not sealing to the bottom of the hood you may be sucking snow in that way.

I had a couple S-chassis doos and never had a problem with them ingesting snow. in very cold temps I would pour some iso in the tank because the snow seems much finer, especially when following someone. the flo rite material is a good idea, I would put it on the airbox foam tho, I used to have to pull that foam inside the piece on the hood out and shake it clean once in a while when playing in deep snow.

ZakAttack

Reaction score
Bought a 2" SLP flow rite filter.. mounted it on backside of airbox, good thing I went riding with a member who has the same sled and I realized I was missing the top filter! Duhh!!

Top Bottom