Maclean Creek Thieves!

bod13

Reaction score
Watch your chit at Maclean. Someone broke in our truck (Ford of course) and stole our phones and credit card out of my wallet on Saturday:rant:. I think they were sitting watching waiting for when we left because there was a charge on my card about 1/2 hour later (Bragg Creek I assume). Iphones are not cheap to buy the second time around! :realmad:

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that but thanks for the heads up.
I just bought a quad and was planning on riding out there. I'll have to bring the dogs and they can hang out in the truck.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its bad when a guy can't park their truck and go for a ride with out having to worry about your chit going missing. hope they find the sob's.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a surprise for that place, I stopped going there years ago too many retards per square km for my liking. Had a friend who parked their car in a staging area for the night came back in the morning to find if had been driven over monster truck style and completely wrote off. Another time I saw a car that had been parked overnight and got completely stripped nothing left but the frame and body. The only answer: set bait, sit in the woods 100 yards out with a hunting rifle, and wait...

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some pretty crazy chit goes on down there for sure. I worked for a company that replaced the fuel station at the kananaskis forestry station, every weekend kids would steal new vehicles and play smash up derby on the paved parking spots along the river. in the morning there would be lots of cops and tow trucks, it happened every week while we were there....

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last winter there were some thefts at some ice shacks on sylvan lake. So we took a permenant marker and wrote on the door "nothing in here is worth losing your life over" with a picture of a stick man hanging from the gallows. Seemed to work.

Apparently another deterrent is to put some NRA decals on the vehicle.

Gotta agree with they bait vehicle comment. You scare one punk with a .30-06 shot, he and his friends will think twice before trying it again

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I guess being a thief seems to be the preferred line of work these days :mad: Doesn't take much know how and the payoff can be pretty good. Getting rid off stolen goods is no big hassel either thanks to the web :rolleyes:

Sorry for your luck. This crap is all over no matter where you live.

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In all the years I have ridden at Mclean it amazes me how the rangers hassle all the good folks that play by the rules....... ie those that have working lights.. registration..and insurance and seem to turn a blind eye to the more serious issues that go on there.....

I have a nice spot where I like to park south of the campgrounds......and I am constantly amazed at guys absolutely ripping down the gravel road going harry flatters all day long.....and some didnt even have a helmet...and the ranger was right there and did nothing.....then on the same day I was riding down a well worn trail 30 or 40 feet off the side of the road...and he stopped me and said that trail is too close to the road stay off it........:mad:

two hours later when I came back from the river.. he was waiting at my car to see if I "stayed off the trail" when I returned :rolleyes:

The rangers need to stick to the program.....and start making a concerned effort to keep the THIEFS and RIFF RAFF out of there......

leftsurface

Reaction score
OK, so it happened to me and my Buddy today, i phone, blackberry cards and cash, they left the wallets and sunglasses etc, but really annoys me, is we went straight to the store on the way out and asked to use the phone, the women in there refused and said we could not use it as it would be long distance to Calgary . . ! If we had used it to call our wife's the thieves would have not been able to start their spending spree in Shawnessy, 30mins later they were racking up the $$$ on all our cards.

I would happily pay $10 a time to pass by an electronic barrier just past the store and enjoy myself out there. Credit could be bought at the store on the way in (also an opportunity for the staff to see you actually have machines) license plate recorded and away you go.

Reported to the RCMP, but basically theft under $10,000 isn't going to get anyone promoted so they do not follow up on it! To me that gives the low life a green light to take a gamble and steal up to 10K and know that once they leave the crime scene they will never likely be caught, so who is it down to, to ensure justice is served . . . ? Really angry right now, the thieves best start praying we don't catch them.

By the way, yep it was a 2010 Ford F150.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I know I'm gonna get called an azzhat for this;but why do people keep leaving valuables in their vehicles????Especially a place that has a rep for chit getting stolen????
Seen a few threads on here lately about people getting phones/wallets,etc. stolen out of their vehicles while at secluded staging areas.

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know I'm gonna get called an azzhat for this;but why do people keep leaving valuables in their vehicles????Especially a place that has a rep for chit getting stolen????
Seen a few threads on here lately about people getting phones/wallets,etc. stolen out of their vehicles while at secluded staging areas.

azzhat.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I agree. I never leave anything of value behind that I cant carry myself. Backpack,fannypack,tankbag all able to carry your personal stuff. If they keep coming up empty maybe they will try somewhere else.Stop feeding the thieves

leftsurface

Reaction score
They use a pry bar on the top of the door and then a coat hanger or similar to push the unlock button, we checked other trucks in the area for signs of a break in, out of 6 other trucks, only another F150 had the dinks and scratches from a break in at the top of the door, ours was passenger side nearest the bush and the other F150 was driver side (nearest to the bush)

Mike . . . I know I should have known better and I normally pack my stuff in a baggy and throw it in the back of the quad . . . a severe lapse in concentration on my part which I can only blame on 5 weeks offshore on night shift and serious jet lag, lesson well and truly learned.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see why the RCMP don't set up a couple bait vehicles. Wouldn't take long to scare the thieves off. Its easier to prevent future crime than try to catch and prosecute the thieves. With our justice system they'd probably be given a job a house and the judge would call it rehabilitation. :realmad::realmad::rant:

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1- Sorry for your loss.

2- Don't waste a bullet with a warning shot.

3- Bury the buggers deep....nobody wants paperwork!!!

Top Bottom