M8

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha ic...i just want small imporvements...what will the reeds do for the engine....do they give it a biggar risk to blow up? and i seen something about timbersled airfilters...they sound like they work good to?

Trigger

Reaction score
Linkz,

I installed the Cutler kit on my secondary, better backshift and I had a bog that wouldn't go away, until I put it on, now works great.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I to have been looking at these 2 machines, currently riding a 06 crossfire 600 but would like a little more track and power (of course). Everyone I have talked to has said the same thing boondocking M8 and climbing M1000.

However with the 09 weights, they say the m1000 will be 486lbs. Put on a speedwerx Y-Pipe, Pipe, can, intake and do a spring order to get a free boss seat. What you have done is dropped 30lbs and added 29hp.

So you would have a 153" monster at 200 horse and 456lbs.

I think that is the route I will take.

Trev
Those numbers could very well be true in Eastern USA, but from our experience they are a marketing ploy with a loop hole of honesty. With some aggresive porting it can be done. Real world dyno numbers tell the truth out WEST. Put a scuba tank and mask on it and it should make 250 h.p. ........a 1000 feet down on the sea bottom:D.................the kit is good and works so I'am not bashing it just have realistic expectations.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha ic...i just want small imporvements...what will the reeds do for the engine....do they give it a biggar risk to blow up? and i seen something about timbersled airfilters...they sound like they work good to?

Reeds improve response time from flipper engagement to motor reaction. Some claim it adds H.P. but how do you gauge 2-3 h.p. But response is definetly improved on some models..........imo not all. M8 yes is it BIG no.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha ok...what would the first thing you would do to one be?
It looks like your coming from a 99 / 600 Skud Doo. So I would just ride it out of the box and have fun and you will have fun:D Break it in properly , set up your suspension. If your happy do a little clutch work to fine tune it. If you think you need a big shot of h.p. dont do the clutch work cause you will have to do them again when you Mod it. He11 the 09 may not need any work. Dont get caught up in the Mod game just to be in it. People are always modding thinking it will cure their inabilities as a rider. Just ride man just ride.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha ya...i dont think i would ever go to far...just pipe and maybe reeds...i like to be loud:D

Trigger

Reaction score
Snotrocket,

seems like you have some experience with Cat and Speedwerx, what are your real world expectations here?

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha ya...i dont think i would ever go to far...just pipe and maybe reeds...i like to be loud:D

We are alreading heading up a 1 way chute. The pipe wont make you loud. Put on a mbrp can for medium tones and a Jaws can for a raspy loud sound.Not sure if A.C. will be using the same suitcase silencer but the after market cans will save considerable wieght.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on my summit i have a mbrp and like...i think ill try something new and go for jaws...if i can afford one haha:(

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snotrocket,

seems like you have some experience with Cat and Speedwerx, what are your real world expectations here?
What I've already said will probably get some S.W. lovers throwing stones at me.But our Dyno says_______ couldn't do it p.m.ed you. In most situations a 20 shot of nos is more reliable and trouble free. We are tuning up a SLP set up on my daughters sled right now. I'll pm you the numbers if there bad if there good I'll post them for the world to see.:D Duck here comes the stones:D

noren

Reaction score
i have a m8 and they are awesome....no problems with it so far....they climb really good for a stock sled

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
heres one option m900 kit

Attachments

• M900_kit.jpg
    M900_kit.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 244
Reaction score
i have an 08 and i love this machine mods i have done is d&d rumble pack d&d highflow y pipe and vforce 3 reeds and high flow k&n intake and now its one peppy machine

Trigger

Reaction score
Snotrocket,

How did you make out with the daughters sled? I haven't seen any feedback yet. I guess I will be holding off a bit a new machine and looking for a couple of pick me ups for my crossfire 600 snopro.

Thanks

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snotrocket,

How did you make out with the daughters sled? I haven't seen any feedback yet. I guess I will be holding off a bit a new machine and looking for a couple of pick me ups for my crossfire 600 snopro.

Thanks
Sorry....short and sweet the SLP worked better for us than the SW kit. I have learned alot more about both kits since.......but it was too late.......We boosted her sled and she loved it.....We have sold it to her brothers friend ...........a new 09 is on it's way.......gonna cut the chase short .....right to boost.
PS..on stock motors ...both on boost..the 8 runs pretty close to the 10.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 08 and i love this machine mods i have done is d&d rumble pack d&d highflow y pipe and vforce 3 reeds and high flow k&n intake and now its one peppy machine

This is pretty much exactly how mine is set-up; I'm onto 1 hand on the pick up date countdown now. I have read alot of good things about the complete SLP set-up as well. Whatever....snow,snow,snow.......:beer:

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is pretty much exactly how mine is set-up; I'm onto 1 hand on the pick up date countdown now. I have read alot of good things about the complete SLP set-up as well. Whatever....snow,snow,snow.......:beer:

when you get it post some pics please

Top Bottom