M8

catguy111

Reaction score
i love my 07 m8 the only problem i have is mine has 3400 miles on it so it has been in the shop after every weekend i have went out so i will be getting a 09 m8

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is another thread was on this and there was lots of input looking through the threads and you should find some helping info that your looking for. I love my M1000.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im pretty much just wanting to see how people like them....i want to get a 2009 m8

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im pretty much just wanting to see how people like them....i want to get a 2009 m8
The Warden's 08 M8 s.p. is a boondocking dream. I'am not a fan of Fox Floats but they work really well on this sled. Put a HMP seat on it and a MBRP can .Tryed simmons and powder pros on it went back to stock. It is easier for my wife to lay it over and carve without the aggressive boards. Sled comes from the factory set up for a gorilla so we really had to soften it up. The fuel economy is unreal. The altimeter really works it's not a gimmick, checked it many times on a lowrance gps. The new foot boards do a good job dumping snow. The bars need risers which is not a issue on a 09. The stock track is a good all around runner but does not work really well in the set up stuff. The 09 track is diferent so you'll have to see.Power is down a bit from the competition. But remember the SUZUKI engines are built to bolt power on them.The number one reason we ride Kitty Kats ,pipes to turbos they hold up really well.
The sled needs to have 30 lbs off the front end
The white snopro is gay and fuggly
The stock seat is useless and fuggly
The windshield pops the plastci rivets
Tha gauges need more tilt to be readable while standing
The belly skid needs to be checked for missing screws every 3/4 rides, I think those assembly line guys strip most of the holes.
The air intake can plug on deep pow days.
My buddies wife rides a 07/m8 and it has almost 4500 miles on it ....no issues
Lastly do not leave the m series tipped on their side and go for a wiener roast. Did it on the wifes last tip and the inj. oil leaks out of the vent dooooh
Good luck with your 09

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks thats what i need to hear...
What kind of performance stuff would you do to it...pipe and air intake wise?

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks thats what i need to hear...
What kind of performance stuff would you do to it...pipe and air intake wise?
Depends what your goal is. If you want to gain marginal h.P. just buy a M1000 buy the extended warranty and ride it stock............no worries mate. My daughter inlaw rides a M8 with a S-Werx Y pipe , S-Werx pipe , jaws can, P.L. piggy back, Boy-reeds. It goes good and She can ride. BUT it cant run with a well clutched M1000 with a couple of light wieght parts. So she will be buying a 09/M1000..........Something for you to consider.........The grunt of the 1000 is quite impressive........but clutching can be a pain. Back to the M8 If you are a boondocker and like to play in the trees add some Boy-reeds. H.P. gains cannot be felt but the response can.
If your really sure you want a M8, just get one and decide what the 09 needs from there. The new track and tranny could fix many problems.When A.C. makes their own motors for sleds Buyer BEWARE .Till then if you want to add power open your wallet and bolt it on, the motor will take it. When you run out of parts to bolt on TURBO IT:DSPOOLIN UP.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hah ya im sure i want a M8...the M1000 just to big for me...i only need 800...
i just want a can and air intake...And the mountains:D

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hah ya im sure i want a M8...the M1000 just to big for me...i only need 800...
i just want a can and air intake...And the mountains:D
MBRP cans sound throaty and formula sounding,not loud
Jaws are raspy, hacky and loud
TimberSled intakes work well with the SpeedWerx hood bra
Good Luck

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
o...How much did that cost?...
How does it work just sits in the from of the sled kinda right in the nose?

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
o...How much did that cost?...
How does it work just sits in the from of the sled kinda right in the nose?

Best thing to do is go to Timber Sleds web site. There in Sand Point Idaho close to the border and shipping is fast. Lots of cool light wieght parts for your M Sled.

Trigger

Reaction score
I to have been looking at these 2 machines, currently riding a 06 crossfire 600 but would like a little more track and power (of course). Everyone I have talked to has said the same thing boondocking M8 and climbing M1000.

However with the 09 weights, they say the m1000 will be 486lbs. Put on a speedwerx Y-Pipe, Pipe, can, intake and do a spring order to get a free boss seat. What you have done is dropped 30lbs and added 29hp.

So you would have a 153" monster at 200 horse and 456lbs.

I think that is the route I will take.

Trev

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I to have been looking at these 2 machines, currently riding a 06 crossfire 600 but would like a little more track and power (of course). Everyone I have talked to has said the same thing boondocking M8 and climbing M1000.

However with the 09 weights, they say the m1000 will be 486lbs. Put on a speedwerx Y-Pipe, Pipe, can, intake and do a spring order to get a free boss seat. What you have done is dropped 30lbs and added 29hp.

So you would have a 153" monster at 200 horse and 456lbs.

I think that is the route I will take.

Trev
Dont forget you will need a Piggy Back FOR SURE dont let any one tell you different. :nono:

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about a K&N and get rid of all the under hood stuff?

I have the K&N filter from D&D with the pre filter sock and it works great. I stripped the hood of insulation and air ducting along with the side panels and it saved 6 lbs, the filter (after removing the stock airbox) saved about 5-6 lbs, My SLP exhaust combined with V-Force3 reeds and the filter gives you about 20 hp (according to SLP dyno tests) and weighs 8lbs less than stock, plus i installed the side vents and have no overheating issues even with +5 weather. The filter is a sinch to install, maybe an hour to finish. To keep the snow out of where the old stock airbox was I installed the SLP mesh to the front screens only (the same material that is used already in the hood at the top) and that works great aswell. My M8 purrs without a hiccup, the next mod will be the secondary clutch to improve backshifting which i hear is a must if u have an M8. The filter and reeds do not require re-mapping and according to SLP neither does the exhaust but i did anyways, i want to get the most out of her.

Top Bottom