m8 hcr suspension

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys just had my first week of riding on my 2010 m8 hcr...

Is there any narrower front end options i can run while keeping my factory shocks?

Also it seemed to trench quite easily with my 2.5" camo extreme on it, How do you guys normally setup the rear suspension for tree riding and deep powder?

butters

Reaction score
I'm going through the narrowing the front end as we speak. Found used a arms, tie rods and shocks. Makes it a whole lot cheaper. I'm also looking into the k mod rear suspension to stop the trenching. if I keep this pace I'll never ride with all the parts I have to install

snowbuster

Reaction score
I switched my 2010 hcr to the narrower front end and extended the tunnel, upsized the rails and went with the 162" camo extreme. I already had the burandt rear shock revalve done by nextech, the difference was huge. No wheelie or trenching problems anymore. The shock revalve was key, improved the ride as well. The sno pro front end makes it easier to lay over, you will have to change the shocks as the hcr shocks are 18.5" center to center and the floats or coilovers on the snopro are 17.5". It will shave a little weight too. Consequently after I did this I put a turbo kit on and the combination still works well.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, if a guy orderded a 2011 a arm and shock combo for the m8 it should bolt right up? is the 2011's the only ones that come in green from factory or is there other options?

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya ive found numerous a arm kits for a good price, the shocks are the issue... what do you guys think about gettin the zero pro's shortened?

butters

Reaction score
That's another thing, everyone I have asked says you need shorter shocks, yet the arctic cat dealer I talked to today says the longer will work??? Anyone tried this with the longer shock?

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
grr its been a lot more then 7 days:rolleyes:
needed an answer on if the stock hcr shock can still fit the narror arms

w8ing4snow

Reaction score
The lower a-arm bolt at the spindle is larger. Are you guys drilling the a-arm or switching to the smaller bolt. HCR 7/16" standard M 3/8"

butters

Reaction score
You will need m-series shocks, I drilled the a arm to accept the 7/16 bolt. I'm sure someone on here has take off coil overs that swapped for floats to fix that issue

tchriste

Reaction score
I sent my shocks to Andy at GSR, for $80.00 he shortened them. I ended up with Z-bros A-arms and yes I needed to drill the lower arm to take the larger bolt....very nice A-arm kit.

Top Bottom