M8 gears in the M1000???

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am running a stocker M1000 and was planning on doing a few things before riding season this year. I herd the putting the M8 gears in the 1000 works very well and saves belts like crazy!? Just wondering if anyone has tried this and if so do you need to change the clutching at all? My M1000 was phenominal last year stock and I dont wanna mess with it too much in case I screw it up!! Any help would be awesome!!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going back to stock on mine. Belt life is better with M8 gearing but lots of venting will pretty much solve that too. I really like the way the M1000's pull better with the stock 60/60 gearing, and what's the point of having 1000cc if it goes the same speed as an 800! If you want to try somewhere in between BDX makes 59/61 gears for it. M8 is 57/63. I'm just going back to stock 60/60.

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont have alot of venting just clutch and pipe side vents. And I am not as worried about the top speed just track speed when climbing, Did this improve the track speed at all for you?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really. Maybe marginally on a really long pull, but most of the time track speed was higher with the stock gearing. I do have a few more HP though. SLP pipe set and Timbersled intake should add about 20ish I'm told.

Seriously...if you were happy with it last year I'd just leave it alone.

Top Bottom