m1000 wont start when its cold!!!please help!!!

WATDAFOOK

Reaction score
Throttle freeplay is your issue!! I've seen it on a few units..Adjust your throttle to give a little freeplay...(1 to 3 mm)

DVAST8R

Reaction score
also it has a 153 track that is badly worn im ordering one in the next day or two what should i buy??

DVAST8R

Reaction score
awesome ill put some isypropyl in and adjust the cables hope this works.. no this sled was not new i bought it used:eek: if this dont work then ill check the saftey switch but ud think it wouldnt work all the time....

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unless there was moisture in the cable or switch. I have seen a few of those switches act up.

DVAST8R

Reaction score
ok put ispropyl and adjusted cable it starts cold now but throttle cable still feels stickey and now its throwing #7 code which is bad throttle position sensor and is running super rich again!! this thing is possesed:rant::rant: im gonna take off the throttle cable clean it out and clean out the throttle position sensor and see whats up after i do that but i think this sled is going in the trash can!!!!!!!!!

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok put ispropyl and adjusted cable it starts cold now but throttle cable still feels stickey and now its throwing #7 code which is bad throttle position sensor and is running super rich again!! this thing is possesed:rant::rant: im gonna take off the throttle cable clean it out and clean out the throttle position sensor and see whats up after i do that but i think this sled is going in the trash can!!!!!!!!!

Let me know if your tossing it in the garbage can! Maybe change to a new throttle cable and maybe new TPS! Merry Xmas hope ya got it going good now???

DVAST8R

Reaction score
the guys at the dealer said thay havent sold one tps so just clean it out see how that works.. im doin all the work tomorrow ill keep u posted..

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When your sled won't start...

Do you have spark?
Do you have fuel? Pour a tiny bit of gas in the spark plug holes, see if it'll start then? If you have a fuel pressure gauge, it should go up with every pull.
Is there power going to the fuel pump when trying to start it? Is the dash lighting up?
Gas line antifreeze?

Sometimes the fuel pump sticks when the sled goes from hot to cold. Unplug and jumper it both ways with a 9volt.

I re-routed my ecu tube the other day, no more bogging. It still runs rich, but no bogging.

As for your throttle cable sticking, lube it up and get it to not stick. That's pretty dangerous and could end up hurting someone and costing you a lot of money.

Biggie

Reaction score
i have an 08 1000,and I did the updates to the controler.it was smoking bad/hard to start.talk to local dealer?

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you were given the stock engine parts, I'd say go back to that until you get this problem figured. Eliminates all the variables.... New people to the sport shouldn't start off on a modded sled IMO... Leads to headaches.

Top Bottom