M1000 reeds

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's everyone running for reeds. Mine are done and I don't want to re-invent the wheel. Are the after market that much better, or should I just replace with stock. '07 M1000, SLP single pipe set, Timbersled intake, stock timing. :confused:

Thanks

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just replaced the petals on my Boysens this winter. Only 1700 miles on sled. Bought sled in Sept. with cracked and chipped petals. Thanks a lot recguy!! 08 M1000.

I think stock or VForce if I do it again, but Boysens are supposed to be the best?

My $0.02

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Uturn, did you ever get the parts he was going to send you?

mountainmoose163

Reaction score
What's everyone running for reeds. Mine are done and I don't want to re-invent the wheel. Are the after market that much better, or should I just replace with stock. '07 M1000, SLP single pipe set, Timbersled intake, stock timing. :confused:

Thanks

i got a set of stock 09 m1000 reeds if u want them just pm me and i shot u a good deal on them around 450 miles on them...

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Uturn, did you ever get the parts he was going to send you?

Nothing but promises and BAD ATTITUDE from recguy. I'm sure he thinks I'm the buyer from hell, but I just wanted what he said was included.:eek:

Back to reeds, haven' t seem any dyno results that say aftermarket is better than stock.

jbunce

Reaction score
Nothing but promises and BAD ATTITUDE from recguy. I'm sure he thinks I'm the buyer from hell, but I just wanted what he said was included.:eek:

Back to reeds, haven' t seem any dyno results that say aftermarket is better than stock.

I have boyesen reeds just the pedals and it give you noticeable throttle response but if the cage is the same as my 2010 M8 then id say just get the pedals because the cage is pretty big and lets lots of air in. and the pedals are like $100 vs $600 for the rage cage

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have boyesen reeds just the pedals and it give you noticeable throttle response but if the cage is the same as my 2010 M8 then id say just get the pedals because the cage is pretty big and lets lots of air in. and the pedals are like $100 vs $600 for the rage cage

Paid $100/cyl for petals.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont waste your money on v-force reeds for a cat. In a doo v-force work well but especially in the M1000 they seem to chip and break fairly fast, know a couple guys that only got a couple hundred miles out of them. One the stockers i took out of my '08 M100 they had 6000km's and still not chipped but i replaced them with a set of boyesen pedals.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure how long the boysens were in my sled. The guy I bought it off said half of the 1700 km on the sled, but then I can't trust his word!!!:realmad:

Anyways, they were toast at somewhere between 850 and 1700 km. Warped petal on PTO cylinder and all the petals were chipped and missing pieces.:mad:

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I myself have had terrible luck with boysene reeds. I retail v force and have yet in 4 years to have a set back because the reed itself failed. However the old story of " The sled backfired and then ran like chit" have heard that before and i dont care what reeds are in it. Its hard on them all!!!!

Deano

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure how long the boysens were in my sled. The guy I bought it off said half of the 1700 km on the sled, but then I can't trust his word!!!:realmad:

Anyways, they were toast at somewhere between 850 and 1700 km. Warped petal on PTO cylinder and all the petals were chipped and missing pieces.:mad:

Is this the first used sled (or anything) that you've bought? You can't reasonably expect every seller is going to be perfectly honest.. That's just to be hoped for. We've all had similar experiences and you have to just suck it up... Or buy new w/ warranty!

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this the first used sled (or anything) that you've bought? You can't reasonably expect every seller is going to be perfectly honest.. That's just to be hoped for. We've all had similar experiences and you have to just suck it up... Or buy new w/ warranty!

In the last 30 years, I can count the new vehicles/toys I've bought on one hand, and have fingers left over. Just hoped they were somewhat honest when told I wouldn't be disappointed.:eek: All but two have been good.

Sucked it up to about 25 hours of my time and just over a grand in parts to get it too run right. Missed out on two mountain trips as I wasn't relying on my riding partners to drag me out. So for that I get to whine a bit, and warn others about a fellow Snow and Mud seller named "recguy" so he doesn't screw over others.:nono:

Last edited:
Top Bottom