M1000 owners please reply

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do y'all like em hate em? Problems?? I remember awhile back reading bad things about the M1000's opposed to the M8, engine issues ect..... yes? Just looking for some opinions on the machine...thanks in advance

speed

Reaction score
i have not had any major problems with my m1000 other than blowing a few belts and my fuel pump went this year i would probably buy another one if i had to i dont know much about the m8 tho

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally dont have one, too much $$$ for my budget, but one of my riding buddies does and he loves it. He has had no problems other than rider induced. He has put Boondocker box, digitron and big bore kit on and its still really reliable. Always starts rights away, second pull like any Cat and it goes up any hill being a 162 with a 2.75'' track

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 with SLP pipe Vforce reeds MBRP can SLP air horn Boondocker box and 3° timing key. Love it.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boydo just got one thing absolutely rips the only thing we noticed with it is the throttle position sensor acts up, but Cat has issues with that for as long as I can remember

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do they have that sensor any ways cant they go without it, we had one act up in the mtns barely go it out, wreck a whole day for 7 of us.

BLAINE.M

Reaction score
2 diferent guys that I have road with in the past have put 2500 plus miles on theres and the one guy had a wire dislodge and short to the exhaust at the ignition but no other problems. I have traded off with them and like the capability of the sleds so I bought one myself this year.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat's new 800 HO engine is supposed to be as good or better than the 1000 with less weight. Just something to think about.

Hudson_M1000

Reaction score
Do y'all like em hate em? Problems?? I remember awhile back reading bad things about the M1000's opposed to the M8, engine issues ect..... yes? Just looking for some opinions on the machine...thanks in advance

Love it... I run a 08 Sno Pro, it works....... Real good....have had no issues other then I switched from using a m1000 belt to the new 2010 m8 belt. Lasts alot longer. Nothing runs like the big Cat in the Powder. But its a little heavier then the M8, ....But...The M8 don't have the bottom end like the Mighty M1000.. "There's no replacement for displacement..

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an 07 1000, best sled Ive owned......should have never sold it:( Only issues were with the power valves. 3000km with no issues and one belt

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 2007 M1000 and sold it for a 2009 M8. The M8 is nicer for handling but sure do miss the bottom end torque.

PullThePin

Reaction score
Great sled. Can throw it around like nothing, mind you my sled is a Polaris VE so anything handles good comparatively. Super torquey.

Demon13

Reaction score
I've had my 08 M1000 since Dec 07 burnt 2 belts and had to get a speedo on warranty but other than that it's been awesome over 2500 MILES and still rocks, only has a MBRP can, SLP intake, screen kit, two wheel kit (a must have for burnin donuts), and a 2" riser. Also running M8 belts as well.
GO GREEN:d

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to stay stock then the M8 is lighter and almost as much power. If you like to mod then the m1000 has more potential than any sled out there without a turbo.

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input. I am sticking with my 800 for this year but my better half is moving from a king kat to the 1000. I am thinking maybe the M8 for me next year...I kinda love the machine I have now :)

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input. I am sticking with my 800 for this year but my better half is moving from a king kat to the 1000. I am thinking maybe the M8 for me next year...I kinda love the machine I have now :)

Mountain Cats Rock! All my BC budz have these and a few M series, the MC sometimes outdo the M's for climbing... I see hubby has the desire to move up, he will not be dissapointed with the M1000. Red Deer Power Sports has brand new 2008's M1000 153 or 162 in the barn Cheap! Make sure he gets all the updates done for warranty purposes....

Top Bottom