Lowballers

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to sell it, don't.

The only way I would agree to paying a said price on the phone is if it was low enough to cover any potential unknowns. I have seen many times, a number of unknowns from 'overlooked' issues not showin in pictures. So when you arrive, and see the said item, you can make a better decision on what your willing to pay for the item.

If the item isn't exactly how it's described, the price agreed to won't be either. BUT at the end of the day, the seller dictates the outcome.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do not feel obligated to "hold" an item unless you have a deposit.

Actually that's kind of funny, I did have a deposit from him and now you mention it I told him I wanted full asking price when he questioned how much to pull the draft for the remainder. This is why I'm a bit choked because IMO there was implied agreement I wanted full asking price assuming the item matched condition advertised.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the MUST SELL ads but priced stupid high and FIRM !!
Idiots , do people think if you put "must sell" , it makes it a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using while working extremely hard

Kind of like this one? This nytro has been on Kijii for well over a year..price never changes, just keeps re-listing the ad...with different pictures. But he MUST sell. Lol.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to sell it, don't.

The only way I would agree to paying a said price on the phone is if it was low enough to cover any potential unknowns. I have seen many times, a number of unknowns from 'overlooked' issues not showin in pictures. So when you arrive, and see the said item, you can make a better decision on what your willing to pay for the item.

If the item isn't exactly how it's described, the price agreed to won't be either. BUT at the end of the day, the seller dictates the outcome.

Yeah understood. I would argue the item was exactly as advertised in this case though. No biggie I just gotta learn to stand my ground better in the future.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm in the same boat, had a set of tires, basically brand new, less then 1000km, guy wanted to buy them, as my price was barely over half of what they are new. So i agree'd to meet him in the city, where i had to load the tires up, drive to the city, and had him haggle me. I spend my money to meet him and he has the nerve to do that. I still sold him the tires, $200 less, which was half of what they cost. but the fact is, respect. If you tell someone you're going to buy them, pay what you agree.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but the fact is, respect. If you tell someone you're going to buy them, pay what you agree.

Agreed. And again to be fair in my cases we had an implied agreement; next time I'll make sure to be perfectly clear I want the asking price and if you show up with less be prepared to leave empty handed.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I don't like offers before they see it.... Someone offers me a lower price without seeing it first I say no.

But I'm a hypocrite because I do ask sellers if they are flexible on price before I will go see it. trying to buy a sled right now and everyone has their own opinion of what things are worth, in order to get a "great deal" you basically have to be ready with cash in hand when the ad hits kijiji. I've got cash on hand for when that "great deal" comes up this time....I missed out on a 2012 M8 153 with 450km for $7000, he had a buyer in 10 mins and I replied to the ad when it was 26 mins old.

I won't sell something unless I'm happy with the price, and won't buy unless I'm happy with the price, most I assume are the same.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've sold a few things on kijji I always put in capitals no trades and low ballers will be ignored. But always get people who still try lol I had a SLR camera on there. Someone messaged me asking to trade for a couch lol he was ignored.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another thing what ever happened to buyers phoning you,now they e mail with a low ball offer.I recently sold a mbrp can to some clown for $180 I wanted 200.He bugged the crap out of me trying to get it for 150.I have had no less than 3 low ballers on my quad worth 10k for 8 to 7500k.I told last a hole to e mail in 2 year s and I will then sell for $7500.These as holes don't even have the balls to call they hide behind texts or e mails. Yah its a PIA to sell on kijiji but necessary.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another thing what ever happened to buyers phoning you,now they e mail with a low ball offer.I recently sold a mbrp can to some clown for $180 I wanted 200.He bugged the crap out of me trying to get it for 150.I have had no less than 3 low ballers on my quad worth 10k for 8 to 7500k.I told last a hole to e mail in 2 year s and I will then sell for $7500.These as holes don't even have the balls to call they hide behind texts or e mails. Yah its a PIA to sell on kijiji but necessary.

So true if you put your cell number they just text at random times if the day and night to lol.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its called doing business.
Rule #1...i NEVER pay what a seller ask's and i alway's make an offer. BUT i never make offer's without seeing what i'm buying first, offer's over a phone without seeing what your buying and not in person, IMO is offensive and rude.

Rule #2...i also sell as much as i buy, so i will hear and expect your offer but never obligated to sell to you. Do i feel insultated...NO, as long as it is not over a phone and you have seen the product your buying first.

Last rule...When i sell i price out my items HIGH and expect to be lowballed, i also do NO one any favors. So when i agree to a deal it is because it is what i expected to get or there is no deal.
This rule applies when i buy, i check the item out, i have a number already in mind but will offer lower. If the offer is excepted then its more money in my pocket. If not, i can make another offer or say goodbye and look else where.
Do not think your doing me a favor for selling me your item, same token don't think i'm doing you a favor by buying it......its business.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its called doing business.
Rule #1...i NEVER pay what a seller ask's and i alway's make an offer. BUT i never make offer's without seeing what i'm buying first, offer's over a phone without seeing what your buying and not in person, IMO is offensive and rude.

Rule #2...i also sell as much as i buy, so i will hear and expect your offer but never obligated to sell to you. Do i feel insultated...NO, as long as it is not over a phone and you have seen the product your buying first.

Last rule...When i sell i price out my items HIGH and expect to be lowballed, i also do NO one any favors. So when i agree to a deal it is because it is what i expected to get or there is no deal.
This rule applies when i buy, i check the item out, i have a number already in mind but will offer lower. If the offer is excepted then its more money in my pocket. If not, i can make another offer or say goodbye and look else where.
Do not think your doing me a favor for selling me your item, same token don't think i'm doing you a favor by buying it......its business.

Well put

Sent from my iPhone using while working extremely hard

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do ask sellers if they are flexible on price before I will go see it

Agreed and this is generally what I do when buying and if they indicate they're firm on pricing I pay the asking price. Unless there is something legitimately wrong or misrepresented on inspection.

i also do NO one any favors

Lund - you mean favors in terms of holding and item for someone with "dibs" on it when other competing bids are coming in? I find this is the most awkward part of selling stuff. Suppose you have a deposit and a guy committed to travelling and purchasing; if someone shows up with cash in the meantime at asking price do you tell the other guy to turn around halfway there?

Last edited:

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple things that I think differentiate lowballing from doing business:

1. Implying during negotiations that the asking price will be met then springing a lower offer at last minute.
2. Phrasing said offer in terms of "I'm only willing to give you X" rather than asking "would you be willing to accept X". Small but important point from the touchy feely perspective.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sold my 850 sportsman this summer. I was asking 5900.00, a fella comes and start bickering and pointing out the scratches and scuffs, I tell him yup, it's a quad and I used it for what it was built for and priced it accordingly, also told him it was the lowest price one on kijiji at the time, he offered me 5000.00 so I laughed and told him no. then he plays the "pay you in cash" card. I tell him again "no", he then starts telling me how he can buy an 800 sportsman which is a year newer for the same price but it's in nicer condition. I told him to either do your research on quads or go buy it. I said i would drop to 5600.00 but that was it, I have a ton of interest in it and I'm sure it won't last long, he tells me his offer stands and says to call him if I change my mind. He calls me back a couple hours later wanting to come look at it again so I say sure, but this time he shows up with a truck and trailer so i laughed as I was getting ready to go out side. He tries going low again so I told him " look, I'm more then fair on the price, I've got two other guys that want to come see it if you don't want it, the price is what it is take it or leave it." Considering he pulled up with a trailer I figured he was taking it. lol

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A used Item is up for sale. U are using an electronic internet selling system to post your add for everyone to see yet you don't want to be bothered be contacted electronically. You also don't want to be haggled on the price. I enjoy that part of buying, it is getting the most for my hard earned dollars. If Kijiji people lowballing and jewing bothers you to the point you have to reply negatively rather than ignoring or being sane then use the bargain finder so you cant be emailed back and use your land line number so you cant be texted. best yet take it to Michener Allen and have them sell it for a commission so you don't get bothered. I don't need to deal with arrogant individuals that post it up as obo and then when I make my best offer they get verbal saying the may as well just deliver it for free or something. Some people are just bizzare now days but for the most part I have enjoyed meeting many great and interesting people using kijiji:d

Top Bottom