Lost pack at Allen cabin

Ryan7

Reaction score
If anyone found or heard of anyone finding an SOS pack at the Allen cabin during the weekend of the 19th it was mine. It had a probe, red shovel, safety gear, innovate manuals, digital camera, and some other things. I would appreciate if anyone knows anything about it to get back to me.

Thanks,
RS

Ryan7

Reaction score
Yeah, I forgot it there. I was going to go back up and get it but there were 50 sleds still up the trail so I didn't think it would be worth the chance on that trail.
I also didn't think that I had to worry about someone taking it and not turnning it in. I guess a guy will have to think twice about helping someone out on the hill.

RS

GRD

Reaction score
Yeah, I forgot it there. I was going to go back up and get it but there were 50 sleds still up the trail so I didn't think it would be worth the chance on that trail.
I also didn't think that I had to worry about someone taking it and not turnning it in. I guess a guy will have to think twice about helping someone out on the hill.

RS

Sorry to here about your lost gear... :mad: There are only a few that wouldn't turn it.:nono: I would like to think the most follow sledheads would return it or turn it, who knows it still may show up.:confused: Don't let one bad apple make you sour. Anytime our group is out and sees another sledder or group of sledders stopped, we always stop to make sure everything is ok, and we appreciate it when others do the same. Even if things are all good, you get to meet some fellow sledheads.:rolleyes:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe we even saw your pack and wondered why anyone would leave it while out riding, but the 30 people inside the cabin said it would be best to leave it, as someone may need the contents.

Sorry man, damned if you do damned if you dont. How does a fella know if it was left or that you are leaving with someones water, foot etc.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I believe we even saw your pack and wondered why anyone would leave it while out riding, but the 30 people inside the cabin said it would be best to leave it, as someone may need the contents.

Sorry man, damned if you do damned if you dont. How does a fella know if it was left or that you are leaving with someones water, foot etc.

Would of been a good thing if the last guys out brought it down & turned it in... If it was still there. Or maybe someone put it in the cabin. Think that is what I would of done. Maybe there is still hope it finds it's way home.I have a card inside mine with a contact name & number.

Last edited:

Ryan7

Reaction score
Sorry to here about your lost gear... :mad: There are only a few that wouldn't turn it.:nono: I would like to think the most follow sledheads would return it or turn it, who knows it still may show up.:confused: Don't let one bad apple make you sour. Anytime our group is out and sees another sledder or group of sledders stopped, we always stop to make sure everything is ok, and we appreciate it when others do the same. Even if things are all good, you get to meet some fellow sledheads.:rolleyes:

I feel the same way--the only time the saw got used was that day cutting a tree down that a guy landed in--used the shovel to clean out the stove at Clemina. stuff happens-- guess there was just the wrong person around to forget something. I would think that if it got turned in it would end up at Vinnie's, is there somewhere else that it may end up?

Last edited by a moderator:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try the hotels. If something gets turned in at Mcbride it is to the North Country. Good luck

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how you forgot your back pack, sorry but to me it seems like it would be hard to leave something behind that is so big and..obvious?

GRD

Reaction score
Just wondering how you forgot your back pack, sorry but to me it seems like it would be hard to leave something behind that is so big and..obvious?

You never forget anything when you leave your home?:D:D:D

Stuff happens...

Almost as good a your trouble free truck!:D:D:D

Giving you the gears!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ask our leader why he left my backpack that he had borrowed at the cabin. I agree stuff happens. On a good note, it was turned in at the North Country, thanks to the good samaritan that did that.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand forgetting a pair of gloves, or something small, but a backpack seems hard to forget. It's like walking out of the cabin without a jacket

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i heard a couple days ago some one that was staying in blue ws on the site and they saw it a cople days later still at the cabin on a coat hook, good luck

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
That's interesting that it's hanging on a hook. If I saw it at the cabin, even at the end of the day, I'm not sure I would remove it. The person could be just around the corner planning on picking it up on the way out.
Hope it gets returned soon.

i heard a couple days ago some one that was staying in blue ws on the site and they saw it a cople days later still at the cabin on a coat hook, good luck

Top Bottom