Lost in the West

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been a long time since stopping too say hello too George the son of Gordon & Ethel Bell that are long time family friends of ours from way back when. Gord and Ethel are gone, but they still live with in since they worked hard and lived life full,,, they brought much of the ghost town of Donald to the museum that is set up at 3 Valley Gap. One of the best Canadian Steam train collection in Western Canada too.

Always liked stopping here along the way too relax and take in the view on the White Goats above in the rocks, and the cold water Lk.

Donkey, Kow and I we're invited too hang out with Im'doo'n, but we ended up going too far West, Ha. North Shuswap area before we realized this.

Started motorcycling here before I know it was a sled area, Ha.

Lots of terrain too sight see up here. One needs too stay on the trails and roads since this is cattle country.

View down below.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another long time bro showed me the happening up here since this was his back yard, got but not forgotten, Jay needs too be part of this thread since he too lived life full.

He put his hart and soul into this area for all too enjoy and respect for years to come and follow.

The picture quality is the craps, but being there in person on a sled at the right time of year will take your breath away. Closest too the Gods on a piller of rock surrounded by clouds bellow. I'm over whelmed knowing I spent many spring time rides down this way.

Jay's nice name way Jay Bird, this is why the Cabin is named The Birds Nest ! Awesome tribute too brother Jay.

This was the inside of the original cabin.

Spent many a good times up here with awesome folks back then in my long past sled days.

The new add-on is awesome, please respect what they have done too make the area worth visiting all season long if one chooses.

Nice view if it wasn't fogged in, Ha.

Many a locals come up for a ride this Long weekend too.

4X4 bro's out of Van area since it's close, 8 hours on-way for pals & me.

2 other shacks past main cabin.

Lots of snow on North/East facing slops, need quad track next time I come at this time of year. I seen 3 to 4 feet of snow roll in up here in the ladder par of May ish and beginning of June. Old Foggy was the nice name of this Mountain.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More too post as it's nappy nap time. Ended up with 100 + photos, so a few days of posting yet too come,,, this area and one other that I enjoy since its all about sight seeing and relaxing.

No hurry for me since I've been to many areas I America, so returning too them is good as I see something new every time on every ride.

More too follow from pal Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After a nice relaxing day on the Onda we spent some time hanging out at the Lk below.

We thought about going for the boat ride, but the beach looked much more relaxing since it is Canada Day, and the view was just as good from where we ended up camping for the night.

We normally would snowmobile in the morning, motor boat the after-noon then bon-fire the hours away at night time too start fresh with the same plan the next day in different areas. Relax mod 24/7 since there is no hurry getting anything done.
This is where the "Less is More comes into play, Might be the reason I live in the cab of a truck since it's simple and easy to just hang out where ever I stop.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the first time Kow & Donkey have been too this area, and they really enjoy quading, swimming and hanging out with Back-woods Lem.

Look out guys,,, "Big Wave." Ha.

Donkey doesn't like water in his ears, but kow will take it head on every time.
Both are good swimmers too.

Ahhhhhhh,,, what a awesome spot ah dudes !

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next day took me to North Sea-More-Arm for July 1st Canada day ride that I started quading in back around 2002/03.

Way too easy too not pass-up on the easy stuff, Ha.

You know your deep in the back woods when you come across a pay phone with a bell satellite tv dish for reception.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see 1 truck did not survive too festive spirit from the night before.

Cab was spotless with no licence plate as I would only guess it went missing from Dealer-ship.
Rear bumper looks like it's in good shape.

I hope no one got hurt is the main thing.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The far end of the Sea-More-Arm Lk... The Bush-Man had his hide out South and East of here along the shore line cave.

Headed North of Sea-More on the West Perry/ Avola Rd as it no longer connects too hwy 1 with the bridge washed out at km 58.
Lots of roads and trails up this way.

Some good size rivers feed this end of the Shuswap Lakes.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of logging going on up that way.

Good size logs to pick from.

Look up kow,,, way up.

All roads and logging trails of easy going.

Breath taking view at every turn.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is looking East towards the back side of Boren Glacier.

A relaxing day of 170 kms sight seeing with many coffee breaks and a after-noon nap by a creek.
I planned on getting closer too home for Tuesday work shift, so next landing took me closer too home.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next day landed me at North of Golden Big Bend. Spent a few year sledding up this way. I always park close too hwy and sled or quad in since its only 80 kms and further 1 way... Pack extra gas of mission lost since there's lots too see.
Quarts Creek is in the back ground,,, Chieeee-k East face. Its on the West side of hwy over there. Not for this quad ride.

Awesome views too.

Lunch time at live in truck camp. Travel lite to move too areas as needed.

Always camp along a creek or lake when I can. Out of sight and out of mind.

Pretty happy with small rig since its good on fuel and easy too get around even with 2 wdr,,, back up tire chains if needed. Not here since its hard pack.

Many folk go in further with their campers and rigs, but I like to camp alone away from others since days off are ment to be by ones self doing their own thing at ones own pace. Just me is all.
At times I do link up with like minded folk, a chance too share on areas and good times across America.

My idea of sharing is on the S&M forum with photos to spark the passion that many of us all ready have. I too like ride reports of areas I want too visit in my years on earth. "Hopefully I can check out a few more in the years too come".

Kow & Honkey get a chance for the first time too see what's ahead.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the Lost in the West thread is long, and so are the roads well traveled. No real hurry, and not really planning on being at 1 area at 1 time as it happens when it happens,,, if I don't see it all is ok since it means I need too return to take in the rest at a latter date.

Winging it works of me on most outtings.

Best TV show is the one I view from 4 wheels.

Like Jay Bird would say,,, "God's Country".

I always start early in the am, and plan on after-noon'er because of it. No traffic, and open roads. same returning since most foks have long gone back too camp or home. Best time too hay is when the sun is shining pop's told me.

Early morning for me as the next few days the photos continue.

Pal Don always looking for good times some where.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Next time your in Seymour send me a message. I can tour you to some secret spots. Lots of beautiful rides. I was at my place for the weekend. Chopper picked up lady from that truck at 8am. Only small fracture on an arm. Also there is still a road open out to the highway at 65 on the north fork called the gorge. Pops you out right at the last spike in behind the mill. The phone booth is where you used to have to go to get phone service before the days of boosters. One of our crazy locals put that up a few years ago and now people are slowly adding to it.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0399_zpso6ywxiie.jpg

was the line busy don? lol.
icon10.gif

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks all since its the good folks like your selves that makes it worth sharing, I will drop you a PM when I get out that way next time,,, not sure if it will be any time soon since I might take on the Southern BC outting next round as its nice too game change areas too see other things.

Yes that Honkey/ Donkey has a tuff time hold his own now days, Ha.

My plan was too load more photos last night as my not so smart lap top was acting up, waiting for my tech pal too get home from his motorcycle ride along the USA West coast trail.

Been tapping it very kool out there as normal since its fun looking at stuff I missed when younger, relax mod gives my Jeathrow Bowdean pumpkin a chance to absorb what it can, LOL.

I'll try again tonight at posting more.

Pal Don

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Part way up the Big Bend Rd is the Old Barge Landind that is now a RV camp spot, boat launch, and back woods house boat landing.

Rides like this work for me since I enjoy taking photos, drinking coffee on my early morning starts, and taking in the sounds and aroma of green trees and wild flowers.
Relax mod 2.2 or OHV therapy 101,,, Ha.

I like the home on the water idea, but I'm too much like the little hobo that needs too travel on when there is so many places and things too see.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of the Colorado Pikes Peak or the Big Horn area in Wyoming.

The Lake water is just like glass at this time in the morning.

This looks like the first Polaris ever built,,, might be a few years older then Imdoo'n's, Ha.

Broken winch line from pulling out all those stuck Can-Am's.

Comes with good used drive train.

Top Bottom