doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it the same guy ?
80ce52f3854fff9c485827a7816e1c28.jpg

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ohv folks have fixed up the cut-out where wash-out was, pretty easy crossing with low river run-off.
[url]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u416/FlashGordon63/Quad%202016%20Spring/DSC02667_zpsferssdln.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u416/FlashGordon63/Quad%202016%20Spring/DSC02668_zpsbkpoyvxi.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u416/FlashGordon63/Quad%202016%20Spring/DSC02669_zps0cquoooa.jpg[/URL]

Need to return to see it at a much slower pace.
[url]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u416/FlashGordon63/Quad%202016%20Spring/DSC02670_zpsstl4reoi.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u416/FlashGordon63/Quad%202016%20Spring/DSC02671_zpsax5pndp7.jpg[/URL]

I used up much of my gas pinning gps cut/slash-lines threw the day, so it was time to re-fuel in Hinto that night and start packing bigger fuel cans for longer stint out.
Plan is to let the snow melt more and pick easier riding area on the few days off.

Sure fun getting the tracks on gps to Base-Camp files, if I get it figured out that is.

Pal Lem at spinning tires of good times. More to follow !

That's cool. When i was there three/four weeks ago in buddys jeep none of that was touched and it hasn't been touched since it washed out 4 years ago... When we were there i started fixing the other side a bit. Shaved it down some and made it passable for a quad at least. But ground was still frozen.
When i went up to Grave Flats last weekend i had my pick and shovel and if i'd have brought food i would have just stayed the night in my truck and fixed that washout for good. Lol but no food so went home.
That's one thing i find if u start clearing a trail or fixing a washout often someone will follow and finish it or at least do some work to it.

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just before that wash out along the river is where we camped for a couple months when i was at the mine. Drove my trike every day down that road to work just flying wide open on that trike lol. Took me 20 min i believe and i think it's 18 or 22km to the Dry (locker rooms).
Pretty cool rolling through there at 6am. See alot of cool sights including bears!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
April 6th to 10th. 2016 Ride of Discovery

Thanks to MadKaw idea of pin pointing gps tracks to map files that I've been meaning to do for many years, MXOldtimer got me up to speed on some of it as I learn new tricks. Ha
The 6th day ride started in the Chungo.
[url]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u416/FlashGordon63/Quad%202016%20Spring/DSC02591_zpsuxqim0ip.jpg[/URL]

Had good weather for the David Thompson discovery run.
[url]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u416/FlashGordon63/Quad%202016%20Spring/DSC02593_zpsmlpxrzs7.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u416/FlashGordon63/Quad%202016%20Spring/DSC02594_zpslg5pmcnd.jpg[/URL]

I staged at Chungo Out-Fitters for my first mapping of cut/slash-lines, Most pipe lines are placed be-side the roads in this area since there is limited oil-works the further one travels North on Chungo. Cut-Off Creek run is a one-way in/out with 4 slash lines running North and 3 doing the West to East direction.
[url]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u416/FlashGordon63/Quad%202016%20Spring/DSC02595_zpsfb7qdxha.jpg[/URL]

I have all the mileage points to these now, so when the snow/ice melts down I can find out if they are dead-enders.
[url]http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u416/FlashGordon63/Quad%202016%20Spring/DSC02596_zpsau1ai1b0.jpg[/URL]

Get yourself an iphone or better yet an ipad mini and you'll see that trying to find areas with those back roads maps is more along the lines of what David Thompson was doing for navigation lol

Serious it's that much better/easier and just cool to see EVERY trail possible... Unless it's thick old growth it can be trickier to see trails n lines.
But i need that new gps booster thing... Then you r almost guaranteed to have full gps signal to zoom in on the maps.

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P.S that's the other nice thing is that iphone app takes the guess work out and u see right then and there if there is any trails at the end of a road etc etc . I'm sure you'd fall in love with it. I used to just use the maps about 6/7 years ago then tried a few different iphone maps and now i got the only one i'll ever need.
Cool pics by the way.

And there's a trail that goes right from the bottom of the divide all the way over to just about the bridge on the main road half way back to grave flats.
Bit muddy in spots but cool old trail that needs to be ridden more to keep it clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the North area since it reminds me a lot of Humming Bird/ Onion Lake and parts of Cut-Off Creek that both have limited riding in now. Had fun times in Lime Stone Mt and Coal Man over the years. South East Corner of BC is a blast.

Had good rides to the East of those areas since the terrain is not as steep and there is the odd rocky section to prevent the little quads from sinking out of sight, Ha.

The day will come when I can see where trails lead, but I'd rather just drive it since it gives me a chance to see if its do-able or not. Terrain, Over Grown, Hidden Cut/ Slash-Lines, Small or Large Creek Crossing, Swamp or the dreaded Bogs, and whether it worth ridding when I see first hand on how many trees are downed.

Free lance wild and wooly adventures works for me since I'm not a TV dude. The out doors is awesome.
Guess it would be my folks fault for telling me to do something out side. LOL

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Harrison Hot Spring West and East is on the go soon. 100 kms + one-way on either side of the lake, end-less small lakes in ever direction with 1000's of creeks too.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the North area since it reminds me a lot of Humming Bird/ Onion Lake and parts of Cut-Off Creek that both have limited riding in now. Had fun times in Lime Stone Mt and Coal Man over the years. South East Corner of BC is a blast.

Had good rides to the East of those areas since the terrain is not as steep and there is the odd rocky section to prevent the little quads from sinking out of sight, Ha.

The day will come when I can see where trails lead, but I'd rather just drive it since it gives me a chance to see if its do-able or not. Terrain, Over Grown, Hidden Cut/ Slash-Lines, Small or Large Creek Crossing, Swamp or the dreaded Bogs, and whether it worth ridding when I see first hand on how many trees are downed.

Free lance wild and wooly adventures works for me since I'm not a TV dude. The out doors is awesome.
Guess it would be my folks fault for telling me to do something out side. LOL

no quads allowed in hummingbird, onion lake, trails until july 1st. and they do check!

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no quads allowed in hummingbird, onion lake, trails until july 1st. and they do check!

Yes, that is correct. The up-dated map came out for 2015 with all the new rules.

The post was a comparison of sight seeing terrain, "the view" of Humming-Bird to Cardinal Area where folks around there ride at Ruby Fall. Not exactly the same, but close.
We are lucky to have places to ride along the Eastern Slopes.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big Mike could not join us on the ride as he just got his unit dug out. Old girl has been many places across Alberta. and has never let him down in all these years.

I brought my middle age pal to the hills now that the snow and ice has melted off. Soon we will be fishing the trout below.

Fixing up wind blown trails that passed threw.

Pal likes clearing trails as it gives him something to do. Ha.

He gets to play chipper as I'm the pilot.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent a few hours clearing trails, then spent the rest of the day site seeing, We checked out the Beaver-dam area since spring run-off is next to nill this year.

Fixed up our hunting crossing for this fall as we checked out the island banks for Moose and Elk Horn sheds.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This old access road has been good to us as it joins the 2 lakes, "kind-a" that is.

Good weather and pal to share with is always a plus. So relaxing in the out-doors.

And the billy big rig came home clean and ready for 250.000 km work over.

I just about bought the F-150 that can pack two sleds on the deck, then I woke up realizing I'm better off with the light weight 3/4 ton that can pack 1 quad. Ha.

Planning under way for out West weekend coming up. Pal Lem

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hunt for all season quad tracks is now under way since my pal in GP is still running strong from his installation kit last year.
He's racked up 4000 kms from spring to fall and 6000 kms threw the winter on Camoplast T-4's.

A small fraction of maintains opposed to tires, but it will open up all season quad riding for me.

Gearing up for 2016 winter travels.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm now the owner of a Camoplast Tatuo 4-S All-Terrain 4 season Flex track kit for my little 420 Onda, and buddy in GP will help me install and test it out up there in his paly ground.
CM-UTVT4S.jpg

Plan is to run it a bite this year with a write-up of pictures, then store it till the winter time rolls in.

Many of us know there are Pro's & Con's to what every we do, but the advantage of winter riding here in the motherland of Alberta will pay for the kit since it cuts down on the 6 hour drive to BC plus return. Being closer to home eliminates all hotels,,, not that it makes any difference since I live in my truck, Ha...

Will pick-up extra wheel bearings, seal front and back as well as both tie-rods for the just in-case since I'll be a long ways from most Towns & Cities through out the Province. My on road tool-box set-up to fix most every thing that comes my way. 2"x 8"x 2 1/2' foot traction escape planks and the other unknowns plus a bigger gas-can,,, LOL.

Pictures soon to follow as project tracks gets under way.

Lots of pre-planning with over all costs that don't add up to much more considering the over-all fun factor.

Part of the dream is the reality of good times at every turn. Pal Lem

Last edited:

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice find Lem! Looking forward to many more posts and pics in this thread as you continue your adventures throughout our great country-side.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great thread and pictures

Nice meeting you yesterday.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same here as it was fun to of meet you as well as many of the oter S&M folks. Looking foward to an Out-West camp out some time in the summer months.

I'll PM you my contact number to have on hand in-case I miss a posting on a ride plan.

Pal Don

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apr 27th to May 1. 2016 420 Bro Outing.

Just returned from a ride out West, 5 days with a bit of every thing, and more of the best pick-up truck camp outs I could ask for.

Dammed chilly out side in the Mountains, very cozy in the space ship lolly-pop.

Frost white out across most every thing.

Coffee is on, and time for free S&M chat with many of the awesome folks,,, Wilson Booster need in this area.

Just like home away from home in my camping world. Better time spent on the forum then looking at the news that never ends. LOL

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coffee and the new E-smoke as I try to fight off the last of my addictions,,, ok,,, less the running around naked chasing grizzly bears that is...

Hot Oat-Meal to start the day, and web browses till the temps warm things up a bit.

And warm up the little 420 Bro, Dammed close to thw 3000 kms over the 3 months so far. Hope to rack up 20.000 kms by years end. Ha... "Not."

Top Bottom