Looking into getting a new atv...

Crow22

Reaction score
After owning a arctic cat & buddy's owning 3 Polaris's & me with a brute force I would say to stay with the Japanese made quads. They seam to be lighter more durable & reliable. Ive also owned a couple of yamahas, they were good to.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YA!! You should buy my 2008 Can-Am. Its clutched, chipped, piped, Pro Taper Bars, Rox riser, 27's... yahda, yahda... Just a few scratches, hardly ever jumped, never rolled Much. Oil gets changed every 20 hours or when she gets swamped, which ever comes first. Comes with 3 spare front bumpers that can be straightened and re-used along with 2 front racks and one rear. Never raced professionally (just with my beer drinking buddies)... open to offers :rolleyes:

Were the scratches from the MM5 movie or from lending it out :)

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Were the scratches from the MM5 movie or from lending it out :)

Just everyday riding mostly. I don't lend out my personal quads. The point I was trying to make is that you don't know all the time what you are getting when you buy used, you may think you do but not always the case. I will not be selling my quad privately nor to any unsuspecting snowandmud member but I will be trading it in this spring and it is fairly BAGGED but you will never know it when its sold by a dealer.

Last edited:

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2500 hard K's on my 07 grizzly 700 with PS and not one major issue.I service it myself and its only been in for a couple of CV boots[my fault I hunt in nasty brush]Plenty of power for me and very reliable plus its capable of some deep water right out of the box

Smidgy

Reaction score
I like the price of the brute for sure, but I hear they have a lot of seal troubles, anyone on here have that issue?

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure which seals may be problematic but I have had no problems with any seals. I have torn a couple cv boots and wore out a set of front upper a-arm bushings(darn wheelies) other than that mine has been good to me for 1300km approx. of very hard riding(abuse).

Smidgy

Reaction score
Not sure which seals may be problematic but I have had no problems with any seals. I have torn a couple cv boots and wore out a set of front upper a-arm bushings(darn wheelies) other than that mine has been good to me for 1300km approx. of very hard riding(abuse).

From what I hear it is the front and rear seal for the output shaft from the motor. the rear being supposedly the worse of the two because of the "enviromental challenges" it sees over the front.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Check out Dirtwheels magazine. They are always doing shootouts between all the brands and list there likes/dislikes. Although they do seem to be a little pro yamaha, but the grizz is a good machine.

My grizz cost 11,600 base price in fall of 06, with the add ons , which u will want, raised it to 14,800 at time of sale since then i've dumped another 1500 into it and want more

Only problems with the grizz, which are few, that i've had are

Throttle positioning sensor $180 bucks for the part
Reverse limiting sensor Bypassed it
Overheats regularily

Add ons i've done

Front and rear bumpers as there is no protection otherwise
Overfenders, why wreck the plastic, these are expendable
Tires and rims, stock sucks
Air filter, exhaust and fuel controller, wanted more out of it and it helped with the overheating
Clutched, more low end power to turn my heavy ass tires
Working on upgrading plastic skid plates to aluminum
Tie rods and ends, turns out if u slam into a pipeline trench stock ones bend

It's been a great machine so far and it's been tortured all the time, the ride is exceptional, fuel economy is reasonable, handles good. At the end of the day i don't feel fatigued whereas my old honda i would be bagged. It's not the fastest machine in a drag, but with the work i've done to it, it holds it's own. Who needs to go 100+ km/h in the bush and mud anyways. If i was to buy new and couldn't go yamaha, I would consider a brute and i do admit the mudpros intrigue me.

Hope some of this babble helps, Good luck withur purchase.

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grizzly because the lights stay on even after it rolls 100 feet down a creek.
thats a major selling point ;)

4447_187290440135_568570135_7191118.jpg

Where did you do that stunt?

Ryan14

Reaction score
i hear people say to get tho 09 850xp over the 010. why is this?

09xp850le

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i own an 09 xp 850le. and the reason you want to find an 09 is the following:
-more plastic parts than the 09
-different spike limiter- not holding up as it should
-plastic front bash plate- no winch protection
-cheaper rims
-runs leaner
-cheaper shock bushings
-no painted plastic except on the le- plastic looks thinner
-more expensive.

there is an 09 xp 850 le for sale on kijiji for 6700

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BUY a can am or yammi i love my can am its ben rode hard very hard over 3000 miles 3 sets of tires [mudders]27inch+ i've never had any failer of any kind.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
I checked them all out over the past few weeks and I have wanting one myself. I am comfortable to say that the nicest machine and best value to date has been the '2009 Grizzly 700 FI EPS LE Silvertip'

Priced here at 10,700 as well. Great unit!

mudhunter

Reaction score
But is the creek okay????

I mean it'sa grizzly...

(I have nothing but good to say about em.... Every machine needs maitenance..)

Mudhunter

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What nobody has mentioned is the CanAm warrantee is second to none. I am still under warrantee on my 07. Basic is 36 months...I got an extra 6months under some promotion when I bought it. Most machines have 6 months warrantee.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What nobody has mentioned is the CanAm warrantee is second to none. I am still under warrantee on my 07. Basic is 36 months...I got an extra 6months under some promotion when I bought it. Most machines have 6 months warrantee.

You need a 3yr warranty for the canam.My 07 grizzly had 18 months[dealer promo for extra 12 at the time]My 09 rhino 6 months.Grizzly is almost 3 yrs old rhino 18 months old.Neither machine has ever been in for anything.I do my own service.These machines spend their life climbing some nasty rocky mountains in BC and have never let me down.My money is on the japanese built machines

Top Bottom