Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
since i moved back to whitecourt now but still unable to work

funds are pretty slim

but i still have to fix my trailer up cause of the last renters trashing

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f76/my-trashed-trailer-36282.html

i already leveled the trailer last weekend with ardypols help

now its onto the big things like new addition , new bathroom, new windows, new roof and than hopefully over the winter the enterior

im looking for building materials that some of u might have left over and dont need any longer

lumber 2x2s 2x4s 2x6s 2x8s 4x4s 6x6s
paneling for interior walls
windows if u maybe upgradet or bought wrong
doors
plywood
osb board

pretty much everything that could be usable to get my place up to a nice shape so i dont have to be ashamed where i live

if u are from edmotnon area i would have someone to be able to pick stuff up

so if u have anything for free or a good dollar and want to get rid off pls give me pm or post in here

apreciate it alot

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I got 6 2x4s that are just sitting around,,,i will bring them next weekend???????i think 10' long..

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your trailer.... I rent out a couple of places and have never had any problems.... but I find when I do get good renters in it is worth dropping to rent to keep them there. It's to bad I'm so far away from you.... I'd love to help ya fix 'er up!! Keep us posted on how it's going...

Best of luck with it!

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Millar Western sells whole lifts of cull lumber? about $10.00
and theres a guy second place North of Mayerthorpe wants to Give away his 14 wide? has new floor,then he gave up? his name is Carl..no phone,look for steel gate at highway..maybe someone from Mayerthorpe is reading this and knows him.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
thought about getting a to be moved trailer but the moving costs and all afterwards are just way to high

but is he out of mayerthorpe or where exactly ??? i know someone in mayerthorpe that could look into it

millar western doesnt sell to private people so far i know except u know someone that works in there

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Try Restore they have tons of windows and doors from the manufacturers that are orders wrong or dinged they donate them bargain with them on some odd ball windows they sit there forever they also have some cabinets or just the doors. lots or light fixtures and switches and stuff

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I have 2 brass/smoked glass light fixtures matched set they are pretty big they hung from a vaulted ceiling yours if you want them

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a brand new interior door right hand swing minus the frame, still in its packaging. I can bring that out on Wednesday to the jamboree if you would like it.

Also.... with more than enough notice, if you need some insulation, poly or drywall. Let me know, I'm sure I can arrange something for you as well.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
that door would be great doug

think ill stay away from drywall all complete since lots of peeps tell me not to do it in a trailer

write me a pm what u need to know about insulation stuff

im planning on adding a subframe on all the inside walls with 2x2s and put insulation in that subframe than repanel everything (this would give me a thicker wall and better insulation other than removing the old panels and old insulation)

same kinda idea on the outside as well but outside i have to take the metal siding off first to put new insulation on and than put new siding on)

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
if the trailer has been there for a while and has settled, drywall isnt a problem, use the mesh tape, and leave a 1/2 gap at the base board, if your still concerned, at the roof caulk with paintable silicone that way if small cracks appear you'll never see them, that or put up some 1/4 round, or cove, moulding.....my entire place is drywalled

think ill stay away from drywall all complete since lots of peeps tell me not to do it in a trailer

im planning on adding a subframe on all the inside walls with 2x2s and put insulation in that subframe than repanel everything (this would give me a thicker wall and better insulation other than removing the old panels and old insulation)

same kinda idea on the outside as well but outside i have to take the metal siding off first to put new insulation on and than put new siding on)

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
if the trailer has been there for a while and has settled, drywall isnt a problem, use the mesh tape, and leave a 1/2 gap at the base board, if your still concerned, at the roof caulk with paintable silicone that way if small cracks appear you'll never see them, that or put up some 1/4 round, or cove, moulding.....my entire place is drywalled

thx chris just seams like our trailercourt is doomed so close to the river i had a look at the neighbors addition that they drywalled and they left room and all that and its cracking after 3 years
we are only sitting on sand here and shifting pretty good acording to all the neighbors

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score

You got it Dennis,
Staying away from drywall in a trailer is a good idea, if you are planning to move it. If you did, it would crack and go to chit quickly. It would almost cost more to repair than the initial purchase to put in. If you not moving it, I see no problems in doing it. Panelling is probally a more cost effiecent route to go for now.

Adding 2x2's is a great idea too. But Please remove the old panelling and vapor barrior (poly). If you don't, you have a good chance of creating condinsation, which will lead to mold. everything you would have done would have to be removed and re done. Attach your 2x2's to the existing framing, which you should be able to go to a R12 or an R14, if your real lucky and R20. R12 is good enough for a cold wall, also look at putting on at least 1.5" stryo foam exterior insulation(I can help you with getting that too), then your Tyvek and your exterior finish.
But the biggest thing to remember, is that heat travels up, not left to right. Your attic is the biggest improvement you can do on any dwelling!

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey there fossy i would help you out if i could but i am in the same boat just a different lake ,,, just deal with it .... i bet you could get a job a timmy's .... lots of work out there maybe not in your feild but you got to do what you can ,,,, you dont see any one else one this site asking for hand outs.... dont get me wrong your a nice guy and all but ,,, well you got to do what you have to make ends meet i guess ....

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
hey there fossy i would help you out if i could but i am in the same boat just a different lake ,,, just deal with it .... i bet you could get a job a timmy's .... lots of work out there maybe not in your feild but you got to do what you can ,,,, you dont see any one else one this site asking for hand outs.... dont get me wrong your a nice guy and all but ,,, well you got to do what you have to make ends meet i guess ....

There is a reason he is asking and if you knew the whole story which im not at liberty to tell you may re evaluate what you just said,you are right about one thing,Fossy is a great guy and what he is doing is surviving the best way he can,Im guessing you are a canadian..............nuff said!
And you arnt even close to being in the same lake!

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a reason he is asking and if you knew the whole story which im not at liberty to tell you may re evaluate what you just said,you are right about one thing,Fossy is a great guy and what he is doing is surviving the best way he can,Im guessing you are a canadian..............nuff said!
And you arnt even close to being in the same lake!

just cause he can not get citzenship or visa ,,, he could try find cash job there out there .... never said i was close to his lake but there are people worse of then him and you dont see themm here ... in fact i am worse off and i am a canadian .... you dont see me asking for hand outs do you .....

Top Bottom