Looking for peeps to ride with as early as tomorrow.

Reaction score
Hey I just bought a new sled and am anxious to take it out. My other 2 friends that i would normally go with are out of the country. Anyone interested in heading to Quartz Creek for the day? I can hop in with someone or i have a enclosed trailer that would fit 3 sleds. I'm in Calgary.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I won't be ready to go out this weekend.
But if you want, a couple of us are heading to Cat. next weekend.
Room in the truck and trailer too.

Reaction score
I won't be ready to go out this weekend.
But if you want, a couple of us are heading to Cat. next weekend.
Room in the truck and trailer too.

I'm off to Jamaica for a week next Saturday I'm always looking for people to go with. Where is Cat?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm off to Jamaica for a week next Saturday I'm always looking for people to go with. Where is Cat?

Catarack Creek. I've never been there, or the other guy. But were looking to do some exploring.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I just bought a new sled and am anxious to take it out. My other 2 friends that i would normally go with are out of the country. Anyone interested in heading to Quartz Creek for the day? I can hop in with someone or i have a enclosed trailer that would fit 3 sleds. I'm in Calgary.

I would but I think I might wait out another for another week. They need more snow to cover the rocks and it's supposed to snow for a few days next week. I can go Friday, Saturday and Sunday next weekend.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would but I think I might wait out another for another week. They need more snow to cover the rocks and it's supposed to snow for a few days next week. I can go Friday, Saturday and Sunday next weekend.

I agree wait another week, I was at quartz on monday and very thin for this time of year,, ya you can ride and tune a bit but dont be greedy its like roulette for sure,,, I found a few rocks....

I am always up for riding as well:beer::beer:,, I will be going somehwre this friday if there is some snow,,,

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its just outside of Golden about a 20 min past the town. Its the closest place i can think of and i'm hearing it's really good already.

west castle is closer and got more snow but with the wind I wounder if it blew away lol,, fernie I heard has a bit less snow and is the same distance to quartz.

castle got pounded,, double golden,, check the thread. It was -25 when I went on monday so we decided on golden because it was only -16 lol...

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm loading my sleds right now will be leaving airdire at 430 tomarrow morning to go to quartz creek pm me if intrested

Reaction score
west castle is closer and got more snow but with the wind I wounder if it blew away lol,, fernie I heard has a bit less snow and is the same distance to quartz.

castle got pounded,, double golden,, check the thread. It was -25 when I went on monday so we decided on golden because it was only -16 lol...

Where do you stage for West Castle?? just in the parking lot of the ski hill? I've been boarding up there just never sledding.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do you stage for West Castle?? just in the parking lot of the ski hill? I've been boarding up there just never sledding.

ya man,, first lot on left is for sleds,, u can also park at hill but when open it gets too busy..

trail is short like 5 km,, but again I am sure rocks are lingering,, stay in touch I like going there its 2 hours from cochrane

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
quartz got snow yesterday there should be more snow then last time i was there nov\14th that was a tuff ride lol

Top Bottom