Looking for Marathon sled deck extension

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I know Longhorn from this site bought our last one and had talked about maybe fabbing some up. I am not sure if he did or not. You could get in touch with him.

Jan

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello , are you still wanting a deck extension ? I fabed one up for a friend. thinking about making more if there is a demand. cheers, Dennis

i too just picked up a new (old style) marathon deck and would like to get an extension... the deck i have i think is a bob tail as the back is just short of the rear bumper. and is expandable.. does the extension need to go full length extended or could it be either a one piece 3/4 width or a full splitable two piece - reason is that when i have one in the middle i would like that to be supported as well..

does this make sense?

T

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just had the legs moved forward on my deck from a guy here in fort Mac and he has actually made a complete single place deck with a simple flip up extension , as he was showing me this deck , I asked if he would be interested in making some extensions for the Marathon deck, I told him it would have to be telescopic as the decks are, anyway I told him I would see how much interest is out there and I would try and get a good pic of one. So how many are you are serious about having one made. I would think price would be apprx 600 . Does anyone have a good pic of one. I'm considering having a dozen made and seeing how it goes. I believe the demand is there.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought I would bring back to the top. Hasn't sen any action for 11 months. I am looking for one, does it really have to be extendable sides. If I am not using it I would just take it off.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cross Trax now makes these extensions for the old style Marathon decks. I saw an ad on Kijiji for them....

cadman22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truck X decks makes 2 types of extensions, last year i was talking to them at the sled show and they said there would be an extension out by December that would fit the marathon classic deck style, this year at the show sure enough they had a deck there with 2 different types of extensions on it. didnt have a chance to really look into it or talk to them about it but if someone wants to check it out

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone make extensions for STF decks yet? Something that I don't have too lift my deck and weld receivers on to make it work.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I welded one up for my cross tracks deck that supports the track only. Seams to do the trick. Just slide it on after you load your sled ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352231982.774581.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm looking for thanks. How does it fasten on?

On the cross tracks deck the rear support is square tubing, so I took 3 inch angle and 3 inch flat bar and welded it tight against the square tubing so it formed a U. Then it just slides down into place and you can pin it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wakeandsnow

Reaction score
I wanted to bring this thread back to life. Planning on getting a UTV and my deck is too short. Anybody have an answer?

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Either get an extension for what ever type of deck you have or side load the unit if you can with the deck you have if the utv is not to long max width you can be is 8'-6" with out permits

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone make extensions for STF decks yet? Something that I don't have too lift my deck and weld receivers on to make it work.
Bringing it back alive.
I have a STF. I really like the deck but it is too short for our new sleds. I have the slide in extensions that the sleds rest on but I would rather a fold down extension that is a little more heavy duty. Has anyone found a solution?

Top Bottom