looking for info on polaris

theslam19_98

Reaction score
ok so i have heared that there is problems with the polaris. what years sould a guy stay away from ? i have heared the 800 and the 900 were bad for some stuff ? any help would be good

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 900's were not very good motors..hard on belts,lots of vibration transfer to rider, and the 02-04 800's are famous for the cranks going in them, it is an easy rebuild and the fix is to add a tough boy bearing kit that adds more support on the pto side.

slabm7

Reaction score
The 900's are not as bad as they are made out to be, the 05's had some problems but as long as you got one with all the updates done, slp intake and exhaust then you should have a decent machine. They are very cheap right now and are a great handling sled. If you find a good deal on one I wouldn't be scared of it. I got one with 2200 miles on it and it runs great. The only stock sleds that will out climb it would be a RT 1000 or M1000. When set up right they haul.

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
I have a 900. Love the sled. The torque of the 900 is awsome. Bought New. Got 3500 miles then crank broke by clutch. Polaris picked up warrenty. My cost to fix. $0.00. Belt promblems 1 per season. Put new in fall each year. Needed or not. Most of the bad talk is from people that never owned one. The vibration ha. I talked to a group of DODO riders. Said the Rev 800 has a vibration also. And this was on 07-08 and the new 09 they had.But like they put it. ( take any two cylinder motor and put two big piston going up and down at 2000 times per minuite or 33.3 times per secound at an idle what wouldn't vib. Most people talk but don't know the fundamentals of a engine. And no smarts on how they actualy work. Just drive them then complain:realmad: to their dealer. But don't actually know how things work.:nono: Just my two cents.:d

ccherniak

Reaction score
also by adding a screen kit to the 900 you will not have any more problems with belts, my brother has a 05 900 with 4500 miles and still running strong.

sledhead2481

Reaction score
Had a 2005 900 fusion. no complaints other than a couple belts but was better after the updates were done. was worried about their rep so traded into an 08 dragon. other than the reputation they got loved it

Top Bottom